Thread: How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

Guys I am having some kind of a doubt that is going on continuously at the back of mind for quite sometime so as to know that how much tight we should fixed the cooler such that there could be to rotate the wings easily. Actually I am trying to install Coolermaster hyper 212 cooler for core i7-870 processor since my previous had got damaged and was not working at all, so I would want to know that how much tight I should actually fix the cooler onto the board.

re: How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

Dude we cannot give you a perfect interpretation of how much tight actually the cooler should be fixed but what I would suggest you is that you should look to turn each screw 1/2 turn to make sure that the load is equally distributed on all the sides, once this will be made on a equal consideration the cooler will be able to run smoothly and will be able to provide equal amount of air to the processor.

re: How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

Hey I don’t think so that if we keep the screw loose or if we keep the screw tight it will ever effect the cooling process of the cooler, since I think that this will only help to get the cooler to open easily the next time if you want to move anything. Also it is better that you should always look to tighten the screws till it doesn’t stop so as to avoid any kind of a future problem of the cooler coming out from the block.

Re: How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

Hey I have noticed many times that there is always some difference in the location with which the cooler will settle on the surface of the CPU when the screws are tight or when they are loosed up. I have come to know that if I pull up the screws tight to the maximum extent the cooler would lie flat and square on the CPU. And if I don’t it actually fits properly so my request would be that you should manage the screws that will best suite the cooler on the surface.

Re: How tight should be CPU Cooler fixed

Instead of you doing anything silly and inserting the cooler in a wrong manner my advice to you would be that you should call the engineer from the shop where you have got the cooler and tell them to install the same for you. They are professionals in this field and so they must be knowing that what should be done inorder to make the cooler to fit and to work properly.