Thread: Error 0251 System CMOS checksum bad

Error 0251 System CMOS checksum bad

Every time I restart or switch on my system I got two short beeps and then an error message is been displayed which state as follow:
    Code:
    0251: System CMOS Checksum Bad – Default Configuration Used
    But my problem is solved every time I press F2 button as it told me to continue further. But now I am scared that it may hamper my system in the long run. Can anybody here let me know what the solution for this problem is? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Error 0251 System CMOS checksum bad

You can try removing your RAM and check if your problem is solved. Also you can try cleaning up your RAM and the slot on the motherboard itself. Or else just try changing the slot of it to some other slot provided on the motherboard. If you already have more than one RAM card try to get minimum of RAM module as it might be a case where it can create a problem for you. Well CMOS problem are not associated with the RAM but I had seen this happened once to one of the system.

Try configuring the BIOS setting which might resolve the issues which you are getting on to your system. For this you need to follow the instructions given as below:

1. Restart or switch on your system
    2. Continuously press Del button from your keyboard to enter into the BIOS setting
    3. Now try configuring your BIOS for parity check error
    4. If the error occur try removing your Ram modules one by one

The error which is stated above is about the startup procedure which runs a small test for the contents of CMOS memory. It might occur if it had found any inconsistency to which your CMOS got corrupted. CMOS is used to keep the information regarding the hardware of your machine which is a low level motherboard error like in accessing the memory or with the speed of your clock. For this try changing the clock if it again displays the message again then your CMOS battery are damaged. For this replace your battery with new one which is very cheap and easily available in the market. You just need to tell the shop vendor your motherboard and he will provide you one.