Thread: Problems with my ECS K7S5A motherboard getting crash

Problems with my ECS K7S5A motherboard getting crash

My computer system comprises of AMD Athlon 1700 supported by the motherboard K7S5A which been running on the Windows XP operating system. Recently I came to know that while playing 3D games my system crashes up for one or two times. After giving a hard try I came to know that my problems seems to be with something CMOS as it is used to load default values and I am unable to have access to the settings menu. Also my clock does not work to the expectations. Is there any problem associated with my CMOS? Or is it broken? Do I need to flash in order to meet my expectations? Your suggestions would be appreciated. Kindly Help!!

Re: Problems with my ECS K7S5A motherboard getting crash

It is the BIOS settings which is need to load initial default settings. Or are you sure about that you are having the problem associated with your CMOS. If that is the case, you will just need to change your battery which is an easy option and it would not cost you much. Moreover it is your BIOS settings to which your problem is associated with the crash you are getting. Your problem with the clock can be solved if you replace your CMOS battery with the new one which may have harm to your BIOS.

I guess you are having the problem related somewhere in your motherboard which you are using. Also you can try flashing your BIOS that may solve your problems which could be the reason for your crashing problem. If you want to switch your jumper to CMOS Clear setting it may drain your capacitors which are used to provide energy which in turn hold your CMOS settings. So, finally I guess it is the problem related to your motherboard. Just try to approach your vendor support office and they will do the needful for you in order to make changes which will make your system run smoothly.

I had the same error message while I was using this same motherboard and I tried to get the solution out for this. This problem was with my motherboard which used to refresh the DRAM memory and retain its content again. For this problem kindly follow the instructions given below:
    1. Enter Del tab continuously to enter into your BIOS setting when you start your system
    2. Go to advanced setup
    3. Reconfigure your DRAM time configuration
    4. Reset it to safe or normal setting
    5. Reboot your system now
    6. Again go to BIOS setting
    7. Configure L2 cache again
    8. Set it to enable
    9. Set your onboard PCI IDE to both
    10. Reset for safe settings
    11. Reboot again now.
    I guess I am able to solve your problem in problem associated with your board.

You might experience this problem associated with various reasons to with you are experiencing instability. First it can be the problem because of the heat sink. Try using your system outside your cabinet cover and check for the temperature which should be less than 60 degree Celsius. Second check your heat sink if it can support up with your processor which can support processor of 1.2GHz. And third problem can be because of the RAM. Try using single chip of it rather than multiple ones. If you experience any problem after attaching the other then you should stick with one only.