Thread: ECS K7S5A auto reboot problem

ECS K7S5A auto reboot problem

Recently I bought a new system for myself to which I start experiencing problem on the very first day. My problem is it gets rebooted again and again. I guess there is not any problem related to operating system, as it gets boot during the POST routine. When I tried to restart my system again keyboard light flashes up fine as it should. I have also tried various suitable settings with my BIOS but nothing had worked out for me. Can anyone help me out with this problem of mine as I just bought this new motherboard and it is not working well to my expectations?

Re: ECS K7S5A auto reboot problem

I guess your problem is with your PSU you are using which is giving you a hard time. In order to get rid of this situation try getting a new PSU which has more than 350W of power. For buying PSU try buying appropriate from the vendors such as Antec, Enermax or Sparkle. But prior to this, try looking for the power wires you have connected on to your system there can be case where you have fitted wrong wire. For this purpose, check your manual correctly for both the devices i.e. motherboard and PSU and follow the instruction given into it.

Try login on ECS website and download latest updates for your BIOS setting and download the latest file required for your system. Recent file which is available for download is amin329.exe. Also, you will need to check your motherboard jumper settings and try disabling it as it is mostly write protected. Try boot from the floppy disk, disc or startup disk. After starting type amin329 and then you can press enter and choose from the menu there you will need to type 011016.rom and press enter and follow as directed by it. After it is done then try restart your computer this will help in your BIOS to make effect.

I have same system which is running fine for now. Previously I had the same problem to which it got solved simply by disabling my System BIOS Cacheable and my DDR timing problem which was running very slow. To solve my timing problem follow the instructions given below:
    1. Enter into BIOS setting
    2. Go to advanced setup
    3. Go to Reconfigure your DRAM time configuration
    4. Reset it to safe or normal setting
    5. Reboot your system now
    6. Go to BIOS setting
    7. Again Configure L2 cache
    8. Set it to enable
    9. Set your onboard PCI IDE to both
    10. Reset for safe settings
    11. Reboot again now.