Thread: How do I enable turbo mode in Intel Core i7

How do I enable turbo mode in Intel Core i7

Hi, recently I bought a laptop with Intel core i7. I want to enable turbo mode of an Intel core i7 processor. My processor is currently running at the speed of 1.73 GHz constantly and I want to achieve its speed up to 2.93GHz at max. I entered to the BIOS option to find out if there is any settings with which I can change its speed, but there is no such options that allow me to alter it. Can I use Throttle stop to over clock it forcibly. But I don’t know by doing this I will harm my processor. Please tell me what to do.

Re: How do I enable turbo mode in Intel Core i7

I think you want your processor to always work at high speed, but you know this could extract more power from the battery. Well turbo mode will work under load, it takes the speed that is expanded all over the eight threads and runs it like single core at 2.93 GHz .this is the speed of the processor Intel core i7 you wanted to achieve. One thing I am sure about it is that by doing this you will not over clock forcibly. If you are having 130 watt power adapter for the laptop and run Throttlestop then you can achieve the maximum speed.

You want the processor of your laptop to run at its maximum speed. But you know by opting this you are just killing your battery performance. If you are using 130w AC adapter and put load then the speed jumps up. You are loading 1core as advised but I tell you your processor i7 will speed up only under certain load conditions or else it the processor will save power of your battery whether plugged in or running on battery power.

In many of the laptops with Intel corei7 processor are having BIOS feature to enable or disable Intel Core i7 turbo mode. .I suggest you to again check for this feature in the BIOS option. When this mode is enabled the processor will rise up its speed to get better performance without affecting the thermal output or power consumption. When this mode is disabled the processor will not overclock its core.

Hey thanks a lot for your advice. I was worried about my Intel corei7 processors speed. When I checked my Ac adapter rating I found it to be 130Watt.I noticed and it’s true that when I put a load I realized that the speed of the processor goes up. I also entered the BIOS and checked for the enable and disable Intel Core i7 turbo mode feature .yes the mode is available as I dint noticed it for the first time. Thanks to all of you for giving your precious time.