Thread: Computer Freezes with more than 2GB RAM

Computer Freezes with more than 2GB RAM

I am having some problem with my computer. Actually I am having 1 GB RAM in my computer and was trying to install 2 GB more RAM to it but whenever I try to do that then it just freezes my computer when I run some application to it. Can you please tell me that why it is showing me that problem. I am not able to understand the reason behind this. If you can help me in any manner then it will be really a great help to me. Thank you.

Re: Computer Freezes with more than 2GB RAM

You can try to run the memory diagnostic as well as memtest and see what they show you. It confirms that your computer can dependably stock up and recover data as of memory. A appropriately functioning computer must be able to perform this through 100% correctness day in as well as day out. A computer which fails these tests, maybe since of previous hardware, damaged hardware, otherwise badly configured hardware. It will not be steady and crash more frequently.

There might be some problem with the slot that you are using to install the new RAM. I am not saying that this is the only problem with it but it can be considered as one of the most possible reasons for this. So you should remove the RAM from the slot and try with some other slot to see if that can work for you. I have seen some of the cases like this where changing the RAM slot solves the issue and I hope that it will do the same for you as well. Please reply back if that works for you.

The drivers which are installed in your computer might be corrupted and that is the reason that you are getting problems like this. My suggestion to you is to update all the drivers in your computer to see if that works for you. This should be the first thing that you need to test in the cases like this before trying any other solution. So it’s not a bad idea to give it a try and see if that is working for you. Good Luck!!!

You can try to increase the voltage for the RAM to some extends and see if that is able to solve the problem in your case. You can do it from the BIOS settings. But remember that you should not increase to a big amount because if you do that then it will work in negative way and you may face some other issues because of that. Other that this you can also try to make use of some other GPU and see if that can let you out of the problem.