Thread: How to make my RAM faster

How to make my RAM faster

I tested my computer processing and found that the CPU scores 5.8 and RAM scores 5.6 only. This is the bottleneck condition for my gaming and that is the reason that it is reducing the performance of the game. I am having the Windows 7 installed on my computer. I have DDR2 800Mhz 5-5-5-18 1.8v (Default). Is it not good timings for games? I am having total 2 GB RAM, is it creating the problem. Can you please tell me that what should I do make it faster. I will appreciate every reply on this.

Re: How to make my RAM faster

If you are a hard core gamer and play games with high graphics then I would like to tell you that you will need more than 4 Gigs of RAM to run the games perfectly and that will be optimal for you. I am having the same and that not facing any problem like this. So, just increase the memory and you will be out of the issue. If after doing that also you are getting the same problem then reply back and I will give some other possibilities for that.

I think that it is completely depends on the type of game that you are running in your computer. This is not the problem with the CPU, RAM or video card that you are having on your computer. If you want to play some high definition game then you will have to buy one more RAM and install that on your computer. Buy at least buy 2 GB more RAM and that will do the work for you. Make sure that you are buying the identical RAM otherwise it will not perform well on your computer.

I was also having the similar problem earlier but that was because I increased the voltage to a bit to make my computer and that was causing the problem for me. So you should also check if that is the same case for you as well. For the RAM to work on its best, you should have at least 1.9v and this is the best voltage supply for the RAM. In short, I would like to say that the problem is with the power supply. So check it and resolve that accordingly.

I just want to tell you that you will have to be very careful while you overclock your system like rising or decreasing the voltage otherwise the things will be broken and you will be left with no option other than to purchase new parts. Overclocking will increase the performance of the computer but there is always a risk in doing that. Increasing the memory (RAM) will be better option for you. I wish that you will cure from this issue soon.