Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-03-2011

Getting BSOD with new RAM

Hello everybody, I need some suggestion from this forum users. Currently I am facing a problem with my system. I am getting BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) when I start the computer. And it remains there till I do not start computer again. I have just added a newly bought 1GB RAM to my machine. I bought this RAM to increase speed of my machine. My machine is working fine with my old RAM. It is also 1 GB RAM. What could be the fault I am not getting? I got it tested. It is in working condition.
Old 29-03-2011

Re: Getting BSOD with new RAM

I have read your problem. It may happen that RAM may have some issue. Please remove your old RAM put only newly bought RAM see whether it is working or not. If it not working it means that your motherboard does not support this RAM. Please check you?re both the RAM and make sure that both have same speed. You have bought the RAM with same speed as old one. This newly bought RAM may have higher speed that is not supported by your motherboard.
Old 29-03-2011

I also think same you have the problem with speed of the RAM. Ram speed is more that is not supported by your machine. But you told you are getting BSOD. This screen is shown when there is any hardware problem. So think this RAM is also making any of your hard disk malfunctioning. So I would suggest you to not put this RAM again to your system as you told you have bought it recently I would suggest to take your old RAM and go to shop buy RAM with same frequency as old one. Then see you are able to resume your system or not.
Old 29-03-2011

Hello friend I am also facing problem with my hardware. My computer is working fine last week recently I faced this kind of the problem. While playing game my computer suddenly goes to BSOD. And when I restart my computer it does not resume. I get BSOD only. But when I left the computer for half an hour and I start the machine. Its ok. There is no problem .It happen occasionally or regularly. What could be the problem having any idea please let me know. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,