Thread: Is there any benefit to use 12 GB DDR3 RAM instead of 6 GB

Is there any benefit to use 12 GB DDR3 RAM instead of 6 GB

Hello I am using Intel core 2 duo with the support of windows 7. And I am using G.SKILL NQ series DDR3 1600 MHz for my system. Actually I am not trying to do any kind of photo editing and video editing. It is mostly specific for gaming. Can I get any benefit to run 12 GB against 6 GB? If is there any benefit then what it is? I try to find out this on internet but no success. Please help me out to solve my doubt. I hope I will get proper solution on my query. Thank you.

Re: Is there any benefit to use 12 GB DDR3 RAM instead of 6 GB

The bottom line is that if no improvement in the performance of applications running, then it's worth getting a 6 GB of RAM. I thought about doing this updating, but cannot be justified because I have not seen any benchmarks that show a substantial performance with 12 GB of RAM. However, the difference is negligible. Maybe a difference of 100 MHz or less, but the only thing needed to get a quality overclocking attenuates all populated is to raise the memory voltage. For example, as an alternative of 1.5V, up it to 1.65v for a constant overclock.

You will not observe dissimilarity with more RAM in games. However, if you are doing various video editing or photoshoping, then, more RAM is better. 8G for me is good enough for me to do small video and Photoshop. I can run two virtual machines on my computer with Windows 7 and more RAM helps. When I was four concerts I have experienced a slowdown. Then I added another 4 gigs of slowdown went away.

I am running 12 GB and I more often than not end up with 10 GB + due to open applications, games maybe, and 50 to 60 chrome tab. I do not think I would be using the 12, but definitely me. Also, if you have 12 GB of RAM, then you can throw two or even four in a RAM disk and point it temporary directory. SSD Saves wear, speeds things up. Also huge for unraring files and additional equipment. I hope now you are clear with your doubt. Thank you.

I play Bad Company 2 and Black Ops and now and again I play so low on memory without the hard drive starts paging like crazy, making the PC to freeze for a moment. I have 8GB as well, I bought another 8 GB, and it was not expensive for me, $ 35 is what I put in a few old DDR2 changed covers the rest, and then obtains reimbursement of $ 20, so $ 15 at the end is my out of pocket cost for the addition of an 8 GB. It was a no brainer to pay money for the ram.

12 GB seems excessive for most users do not need it for a specific application. With that said Ram is pretty cheap at the moment, so for a marginal price difference, I'd get a little more. Update 4 GB to 8 GB was positively a good upgrade for me. I might not play Civ 5 / an additional game (varies) at the same time with only 4 GB. My first update was 8 GB and all of a sudden I could run a game on every monitor regardless of running an older GPU ati 4890. I have upgraded additional than 8 GB, but I sprint outside memory slots. Your difficulty just as well since I have not established a mixture of programs that use other than about 7 GB despite having 3 monitors to run things.