Thread: What to choose between dual channel and triple channel for Intel X58

What to choose between dual channel and triple channel for Intel X58

I have a question that may seem a little confusing from my side. But right now I am more concern about the scalability of my system. I have a Intel X58 motherboard in my system. Now I it supports DDR3 Ram and also support DDR2. I want to go for the DDR3. But I am not able to get a proper choice between the dual channel and triple channel DDR3 ram. What is the difference between the same and what should I choose for getting a better gaming performance. Now I have a similar type of brand choices for the same. Which one to buy.

Re: What to choose between dual channel and triple channel for Intel X58

The difference for that lies in the ram choice for the motherboard. For example lets consider that your current motherboard supports 6GB DDR3 ram. Now in this the choices are a single channel strip of 6GB will be 1 single strip on the board. In the same way for the dual channel you will need 2 strips of 3 GB and for channel sorting you will need around 3 strips of 2 GB. In my choice I will recommend you to invest in 4 sticks DDR2 with a total capacity up to 16GB. But that depends on the motherboard you are using right now.

What I will recommend to you that you just buy 2 bars of DDR3 for your configuration. And that looks enough. You will get almost the similar CM Frequency which are compatible with the motherboard. In my case I had already purchased and have at least three DDR3 slots on the board. I am going to use around 6GB of ram which is more than enough for my system along with the 1GB graphic card support. For such things intel boards are one of the best one you can try. And also do not forget to have information the maximum ram you can put.

In order to have a 3rd RAM bar on my system I need to my current configuration or else I can do nothing to buy a new ram and gain more speed on the system. I think I'm going to take a dual channel and then buy a 3rd strip at the appropriate time. For that I will better go for a full system upgrade. What matters here is the motherboard which must be proper enough to deal with the current hardware. I know the specifications of my motherboard, the real problem that I wonder in fact that is whether by adding a bar exactly the same on a motherboard that supports triple channel will work in future also.