Thread: Memory Leak 60 to 30-40 fps in Crysis 2

Memory Leak 60 to 30-40 fps in Crysis 2

I have my hands in the final version. Crysis 2, as in previous games like Crysis beta leaked some time ago is a huge difficulty with memory leak in it. First minutes after game start level runs perfectly smooth and constant 60 fps. Upon entering the new area the game needs to reload the new content on a memory is not instant drop significantly and much lower values as 30 fps and memory usage increases to very high levels. I have 8800 Ultra Graphic card, Q3 GHz, and RAM of 8GB, with Vista 64 your system is quite old, on the improvement of technical condition, probably even with memory loss must reach 60 fps, but the trouble is not resolved and basically what these guys are doing, you need to sell products that run on hardware that could be better run and forces many people to buy new hardware. Crytek do not know how to solve that trouble as Crysis 1? , Which has sold 2 games due to this unfinished and now do it for third time?

Re: Memory Leak 60 to 30-40 fps in Crysis 2

I think some people have promotional copies received from relatives working in stores or perhaps video game magazines and websites. There are videos on YouTube, but I do not think it is safe in this space. You could not run Crysis at 60 fps on high settings on an 8800Ultra. You can only run the setup of the environment. What makes you believe Crysis 2? To test a memory leak: load level. Do not touch it and leave it on for 30 minutes and return. Check the system or video memory usage. If it goes up a lot, then there is a memory leak. Otherwise, there is no problem.

This is a bad idea, you probably do not have basic knowledge of programming, memory loss when some of the resources allocated in memory and then not freed when not in use, so it sits in one place and noting that no show memory leaks (in theory) because no new resources are allocated, it is better to play from the beginning to the end of the level and the last checkpoint fps store how much they have, then exit the game, start again and load this control point and see if you have more frames per second, this worked for warhead, there was massive loss of memory, when I was finishing the level I had differences of 45 - 30 fps with this test, the test can work as well.

I do not think that is exactly what was said; in addition to the recommended requirements of the first game (I could not run the game on highest settings) are the lowest requirements for Crysis 2. But it is difficult to say whether it actually works better because the media has a much smaller draw distance in some areas and not be turned off most of the features. With a HD 6950 I can run and play very well with the best configuration for all filters in 1680x1050?

I have a friend who worked at the store of the game who gave me Crysis and was not even my copy. I write here simply to express my feelings for Crytek, they really can make good titles, but it was his last game he wanted to play and the first 2 games Crysis was the last time I bought from your company. With unfinished code many people will buy new hardware (maybe Crytek have any profits from Nvidia and AMD / ATI for that, who knows, in this world nothing would surprise me). They could also know about memory loss, but could not be resolved from the first Crysis which means engine problem may develop huge longer means much higher cost game.

Regarding first Crysis, I have finished this game Crysis 2 for first time at 720p at 30-45 fps at average on directx 9moded very high configuration, second time, and Vista Home premium but at 1680x1050 on my computer at 25-35 fps. I was very astonished because it was very playable and I wondered why it feels so smooth, even people that came to me say it was superb to play (many other games at 40fps feels to slow, I have no clue why.