Thread: Asus P8P67-Pro cannot boot - Red DRAM led

Asus P8P67-Pro cannot boot - Red DRAM led

Hey buddy, getting worse luck, I gave my old computer to my friends think I have my new computer id SB-up today doesn't look like happening. The DRAM-LED on the mainboard blazes red at the start-up time, all the fans are on and everything appears to be getting power, but there is not appear on the monitor. Check all connections, everything seems to be good and do not think I missed anything .. 24-pin and 8-pin ATX power supply are connected fine. I tried changing combination of RAM slots in vain also. If you hold the button MemOK, RAM is addressed to a red instead of flashing. So if I can change the ram points going back to flashing red. If you have any idea then please provide me. My motherboard is of Asus P8P67-Pro, Radeon 6950 vcard.

Re: Asus P8P67-Pro cannot boot - Red DRAM led

I agree that I do not like the ram or the ram is bad. New boards always need BIOS updates and many of them can be solved compatibility problems ram. It’s probably going to have to try different ram. Try one at a time and see what happens. Maybe a bad stick, see you can get in touch with technical support if the entire else fails. These may be problems with the boards new version, I feel for you. Just throwing ideas as I am writing, may come down to RAM or board rma.

I read your post and I confirm you did not overtighten your heat sink. Boot in solitary channel mode. Try modernizing bios and then install another stick and try to boot in double. DO not bother with tech support since they are not responding properly (Asus). I am returning two Asus Maximus III because none of them workings in double channel. Try it and then see what happened and after trying send me the resulte.

I try the solution which is recommended by your side but these all are not working for me.I know that the form Asus tech support would be ineffective that’s why I asked here. What you said about Ill try, but here I want to know what regarding that jumper cap that goes over the three pin rtc ram thing, do I require that? I don’t know where the I put it. And if another solution you have then please post here and tell me about my question.

You would not require it again. One external pin is a "dummy", just used to park the bridge when it is not necessary. The act of shorting the center pin out and the other to reset the CMOS, and you can do with the bit if need be. If with old plates, video cards, hard drives, etc, there are many possibilities to be a replacement bridge in one of them, so if you just want to have one handy. I hope this will help you to solve your problem.

I thing you need to follow the following steps for Clear RTC RAM.
    • Shut the processor and unplug the power cable.
    • Shift the jumper cap from pins 1-2 (default) to pins 2-3. Stay the cap on pins 2-3 for some time just like 10–15 seconds, and then shift the cap again to pins 1-2.
    • Plug the power cable and then turn on the workstation.
    • Hold down the "Delete" button all through the boot procedure and go in BIOS setup to re-enter data.