Thread: Vostro 1520 show error-” The size of the ROM file is incorrect”

1&only Guest

Vostro 1520 show error-” The size of the ROM file is incorrect”

I want to update my bios and for this reason I downloaded the A08, for my Vostro 1520 laptop (V1520A08-32_64.exe). And it is presently runs on XP SP3 and A05. At what time clicking it on my desktop, I get a pop up that is a warning massage and it say "The szie of the ROM file is incorrect!” I tried booting to safe mode, to no effect. Searching for this problem on the Dell site but they not provide any answer.

Re: Vostro 1520 show error-” The size of the ROM file is incorrect”

ROM means read only media. I would say that the download was corrupted through download. Delete and download again. Be positive that you are downloading the right file for your model and configuration. Read all information on the download page - why is this necessary, it should be installed, what operating system is applied, how to install. If you are not got any troubles, bounce the BIOS update. Confirm you are using the adapter and not in danger of any power outage if you update the bios. You can damage your mainboard if the update is interrupted or fails in any other reasons.

1&only Guest

I have ensured this is the right download, downloaded two times, reserved the novel file name, and followed the commands - download to desktop/twice click. The performable productively loads files into CWindows\TEMP\WINPHLASH, but then provide the notice and stops. The update is too new. I am wondering if it is defective. How can I contact versions A06/A07, to at least update that far? I have added a small Acronyms panel into the C Drive - might this have caused a difficulty?

I thing, I can solve this problem. You have to go into C:\WINDOWS\Temp\WINPHLASH, select the folder “winphlash 1.6.9.9’, ticked on WinPhlash.exe, chose “C:\WINDOWS\Temp\WINPHLASH\HPBA08.ROM” like the ‘fresh BIOS file’, chose ‘Backup BIOS and Flash BIOS’ among fresh settings, and ran ‘Flash BIOS’. It worked "as advertised". I hope it will solve your problem. After try it sends me report.

In the worst of your workstation is dead, but there is a high chance that can be fixed easily. In new processors a part of the BIOS flash left after just for condition like this. You will possibly get a flash drive and copy a few files on it and press a key mixture after turning on the machine. Must be able to pick up the BIOS on the flash drive and install it. On older systems, the procedure is the same, but uses disks instead of flash drives. I do not know the exact information for Dell, but someone has to here, so good luck. Hopefully someone will soon be published exact answer.