Thread: Should I upgrade to Intel P67 or upgrade to GTX 580

Should I upgrade to Intel P67 or upgrade to GTX 580

I have a GTX480 video card and I am thinking of switching the video card to GTX 580.But I am not very sure of whether to go for it or not. I feel that there would be a bottleneck on my current system if I go with it. At the same time I am also thinking of upgrading mu platform to P67.But the issue is I cannot afford to upgrade both at same time. So my question is what should I upgrade first or what should be my preference. Please do let me know the answers to this as I am a bit confused.

Re: Should I upgrade to Intel P67 or upgrade to GTX 580

I would say that you should give preference to the up gradation of platform. I think that if you should go ahead with Sandy Bridge or you may also do one thing. I would like to know that how is your GTX480 video card. If it is really very weak and cannot work further then you might switch to GTX 580.So this is what I feel that you should give preference to the up gradation to sandy bridge instead of GTX 580

I think that you need to wait for Bulldozer and Intel 2011 and then compare both of them. I feel that if you check the game performance then you will not see a huge difference. If you go to Sandy Bridge you will subsequently see a change. I think that you would see a bigger increase in performance adding another GPU and running SLI. So actually it’s up to you on what up gradation you should go for and should go for any one of them immediately.

Thanks a lot for all your replies. I just went through the solutions and I am a bit clear on what to do. I suppose that I will wait for Intel 2011 and GTX595 to get released. This is the best thing right now that I can do and I feel that it will help me in long run. Also waiting for some time would do one more thing which is it would also drop the rates of P67 and on the GTX580.So there are quite a few option around me now.

I would say that you should go for the sandy bridge update. You will find that your GTX 480 will definitely perform better under that CPU and the performance gain is noticeable. I am saying this because even I switched from Lynnfield as well with the same GPU which I was using and I had a considerable change in the performance gain. So I think that right now you should update to sandy bridge instead of waiting for long time.