Thread: BIOS flashing is good or not?

BIOS flashing is good or not?

I am starting this thread just to know the pro's and con's about the BIOS flashing because many of the people are having the erroneous idea regarding this. According to me the Bios is not more than the Basic-Input-Output-System for the computer. If you are having any other idea about this then please let me know about that. Is flashing the BIOS can affect the processing effect of the computer in any manner. Please post your comments.

Re: BIOS flashing is good or not?

According to me, this is very stupid to flash the BIOS for those people who don’t know that what they are doing but for the people like me who know that what they are doing then this is just the fun. This is because; they know that how can get the BIOS back again. If that comes to my case then I sue the bootblock and floppy flash by means of autexec.bat. I expect more comments on this.

I would like to say that if you do not aware what you are performing or your computer which is running without any issue then flashing the bios is not the cleverest thing to perform. Many people thing that flashing the BIOS boost the performance of the computer but I would like to inform you that it will actually decrease the performance of the system. So performance will decrease when you move to latest BIOS.

I flashed the desperation. I would like to thank everybody here who assists us regarding the BIOS flash. I exhausted 3 months trying to facilitate dma on inferior ide channel and just by chance I establish 2 post regarding flashing over 2.2 to resolve this difficulty. MSI does not catalog this since a fix within bios update descriptions. Each day I came to this forum I learn something from here. So keep posting guys.

I upgrade the BIOS to the newer version. Subsequent to I performed this I become aware that the CPU that is an AMD 1700+ was really running at 1102 MHz like opposed to innovative 1470 MHz at what time it was fresh (April 5,2002). Is it probable that modifying the BIOS might decrease the speed of the CPU? Please provide any information regarding rolling back to the actual BIOS. Thank you.