Thread: Does Dell Supports for Quad Core?

Does Dell Supports for Quad Core?

So I'm utilizing a Dell Optiplex 745 that arrives with an E6300 CPU. I wanted to identify if I can drop in a Q6600 CPU on the equivalent system and have it work as it must or will I have problems? Obviously the board is a board on what they cannot check the specs, but I believe that mutually the 65-nm CPU die, 775, 1066 MHz FSB, and everything else ... I will not be able to remove my E6300 and fall of a Q6600?

Re: Does Dell Supports for Quad Core?

I make use of the Intel Q965 Express chipset so it must be supporting for the same. I have observed at least single benchmark with an Optiplex 745 running a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. If you are using a Optiplex 745c slim then the cooling perhaps isn't fine sufficient for a quad core. It should be very well for the ordinary mini-tower chassis, but not whichever of the little form factor models. The mini tower model appears that it uses a regular microBTX motherboard.

The new Dell computer is in the same aluminum housing as the mid-2006 presented series XPS-700. Instead of air-cooled BTX module to the processor, but Dell has developed a new heatsink. It sits on the CPU a Peltier element with thermoelectric cooling. This method is very effective because of the Peltier cooler on the far side processor cooled below room temperature or in the back but is very hot. Therefore, Dell, the heat from there with a liquid system.

Used to come but no water, but a special coolant pipe with its own system that works great. Dell gives for the closed and maintenance-free cooling circuit of a lifetime of 7 years, this is the fluid loss are only 15 cubic centimeters. Due to the massive effort to remove heat, Dell Intel's quad-core Core 2 Extreme QX6700 instead of the guaranteed by the manufacturer 3.2 GHz overclocked to 2.66 GHz and delivers the computer like this too. First in the U.S. can the XPS with a Core 2 Extreme X6800 order, the two cores at 3.46 GHz instead of the default 2.93 GHz Intel operated. Possible, the clock games since Intel processors in its extreme the multiplier of the external clock has been set free.

The overclocking be facilitated by the 590 SLI chipset from Nvidia, since it need not necessarily be overclocked even at the extreme clock speeds memory and PCI Express bus. Incomprehensible is why Dell offers the only computer with DDR 2 667 memory, and not DDR 2 800 or special overclocker modules, some of which are already available with the manufacturer guarantees to be effective over 1 GHz. As standard, the new XPS but a 1,000-watt power supply that is required for the two graphics cards and the cooling solution as well.

At Dell, there are occasional real bargain deals. Meanwhile, PC has been "my" but the offer overview on the website taken from. Under code D08926 it is about the search on the Dell website still callable. Currently, I cannot find any comparable offers more favorable. In my experience, one must always look at Dell again, whether a PC with the desired configuration, Dell is currently offering. Then it is expected and compare prices. What Dell (but also in many other shippers) are expensive, and upgrades. More RAM, better graphics card or keyboard cost a lot of money. Dell is usually favorable if the basic configuration fits.