Thread: i7 2600K cant successfully overclock, had hit 4.8 and 5.0ghz before?

i7 2600K cant successfully overclock, had hit 4.8 and 5.0ghz before?

I ran into an issue with the motherboard. Had to have it replaced (if I had more than one ram stick in, it wouldn’t post, I also had BSOD errors with the same CPU that was working fine). So I get the new board, put the old cpu back in (had bought another cpu, tried putting it in, but the cpu fault led kept coming on, so I’ve stuck with the old original SB cpu that hit 5.0ghz). So I updated to the bios that I had success with. Put the old settings in. I don’t even get a BSOD, it just spontaneously reboots. There is no mini dump or BSOD. I've tried a bunch of settings. Including lowering to 4.7 GHz. I’ve tried setting the duty to extreme and CPU capability to 120%, nothing helps. I've even increased the volts at 4.7ghz to what I had working at 5.0ghz (1.41) when really it shouldn’t need more than 1.385 with this cpu, from its past working state. I've run out of ideas, short of replacing the CPU yet again (I think the replacement was just a doe) and then redoing the settings custom to the new CPU. Also wondering if maybe my CPU has decided to go south on me. (I do have 2 of 4 drives in and my areca add-on pciex4 raid which appear to be "missing" but haven’t had a chance to figure out why).

Re: i7 2600K cant successfully overclock, had hit 4.8 and 5.0ghz before?

In the case of the 4.8 GHz I have setup the BIOS to 1395. I ran the 64bit.It the latest processors were: 1.40. After the first 30 seconds of prime95 blend: 1.416 1.42, 1.416. I also notice that my card I have enabled RAID in the BIOS (usually disable it when noted). Despite this, I see my other parent that I have in the raid; shown either in the RAID BIOS (my data drive D). Is the unit matrix E that was missing two members. So my D drive letter is missing. I do not see the hard drive contained in areca hardware is. This is probably something completely independent, but no less strange.

It is of interest. What did you end up increasing your RAM volts (the amount of stock volts). Mine is 1.5 (stock) of 16 GB. What change settings in the bios? Or is all he did was to establish the V of the CPU and RAM, no change in the mode LLC or others? Again, all this worked fine before I had the odd plate problems, so it still bothers me that I have to make any changes. I have a new CPU that comes in a day or two. And I'm hesitant to change that, even when I leave this work to higher volts, provided that the maximum temperature is low. But the fact that it was this change makes me think that the CPU can be screwed at some point, causing a change in the need of volts.

Well. I've done so far. That seems to be working 12 hours prime95 strong:
    I went back to most normal modes rather than end (to help with the heat.) I left the creation of a freq to 350 and even VRM LLC Ultra High (current limit of 100). I left the ram at 1.5 (for now). And set the CPU to 1.43 am at 4.8GHz, I'll be happy with 4.8 if I finish the constitution, but I know I've beaten 5 before fine. I have 12 hours prime95 deep in the mix. With my H70 + Arctic Silver Matrix a maximum temperature of 87C. But that was in about 2 hours or less. Since then it has been between 72 and a maximum of 81. Still can plop this chip and put in the new TX4 Tuniq Also I have to heat to come, but not until Tuesday (today's CPU), I can wait until Tuesday to mess with this. Try the new combo to see if the temperature drops at least then try to lower the volts back to where I had done before (a new CPU).

I’ll give these a shot later. But 1.43v I left my test in 13 hours to try to lower volts. I put on cpuv of 1,395, I dram rose to 1.58 and remains llc in ultra-high, while VRM frequency setting to 370. Digi + VRM phase is standard, the duty is tprobe. Top of the CPU to 100%. 48x. so far the main mix rolling and Rick. Still rocking 1 hour and 37 minutes inches. Maximum temperature 80C (arrived about 28 minutes, usually 28 minutes is the maximum). Average temperature between 75 and 80 seem. PLL I still set to auto in the BIOS. I did all this through the ASUS utility, for now. pll fit for high activity / low / do nothing for temporary workers? If this is you should probably just let it be and be happy with 1,395? (Previous value was 1.3875 or less before my problems started) and may not exchange parts for fear will never go back. Or should my temps volts and be able to download, in general, however? I have the Arctic Silver thermal compound Premium thixotropic Matrix-2.5G 2.5G with MTX-TX4 Tuniq come.

It's funny because when I first sat down the original CPU (affecting 5.0 to 4.8 easy times for the first time around). I could not fail to be struck, even at this level. I think it's my own combo. I'm trying to 1,375 at this time. But 1385 probably will be when I finish with the original CPU anyway, which is right where I was in the beginning. Max 10C temperature perhaps even higher than normal with the H70. At about 82C within 16 hours. So I'm either going to use the Tuniq CPU TX4 in this original and try again. Or. I will change with the new CPU with the TX4 and see how temperatures are.