Thread: need to upgrade from a Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz

need to upgrade from a Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz

I'm still on a Pentium 4 - 2.8C this computer I am using it from last 5 years. So now I think I need to upgrade my computer.
    I have some kind of questions also please do answer this.

1) I have the intention to use the new computer for gaming, Internet, music, videos, reading and watching television. When I'm not at work, the team practically rules my life. As for games, I'm not necessarily a hardcore gamer, but I like to play modern games only. I have no specific budget in mind, but I'd rather not spend what you do not need. As for overclocking, it probably will for my terrible story of the dead fans.
    2) I have an upgrade version of Windows 7 to 64, but definitive. For the new team, do I have absolutely necessary to install Win XP and then install Windows 7?
    3) My current computer / old have a SB Audigy 2 sound card. Should I continue using this on my new construction?
    4) I have heard stories of fans i5 retail value not effective enough. Should I buy a CPU cooler separately even though they do not plan on overclocking?
    5) As of now I have two hard drives. One is an 8 year old Seagate 80GB drive. The other is a Seagate 160 GB that is 5 years old. Both seem to be working fine. Should I still use these units in my new construction?
    6) I keep hearing of people waiting for Sandy Bridge or bulldozer, and how these platforms are an exciting change. Should I wait too?
    7) I imagine that an i5 750 w / HD 5770 team would be very different from my current P4 system. I'm thinking it'll be amazed the first few weeks of the upgrade. How likely is that I'll be so distracted by the update that I will not do anything else?

re: need to upgrade from a Pentium 4 - 2.8 Ghz

1: I would not use this album; I went with a SSD or a black WD. The hard drive is much underestimated in new construction, but has a big impact on the daily performance. A hard disk or high performance SSD would be a worthwhile upgrade in this generation.
    2: No
    3nboard is as good if not better.
    4: actions that should be just fine Doing not worry
    5: I copied all the disks in the new system but not installed on the system
    6: The waiting game can last forever. The i5 is a good quad to go to construction and would certainly be a great improvement for you.
    7: very

As noted the waiting game can last forever. With that being said, while BD is still going to come out who knows when and who knows how well, the SB is in about a month. It is December now, and the sand bridge that leaves the first week of January. I understand why people want to wait, but especially given the fact that it is likely to use this computer for a long time, seems an obvious choice dead wait for the SB. Although I think it makes sense to pick a new CPU right now anyway (unless it is red camp), I think this makes sense even given the time the equipment is in use. I cannot imagine choosing to build a team now with the new generation coming out next month. I also agree with the idea of hitting a 460. As we have seen that I'm sure some people will disagree.

Sandy Bridge is so close. The waiting game will not last forever, but it will last just over 1 month! Sandy Bridge is difficult to launch on 9 January. I can understand that some people buy a shot of 1366 now instead of waiting a short time to sand the bridge - which has the advantage of more PCIe lanes and faster RAM. Has zero sense, however, to upgrade to 1156 at this point that 1155 is just around the corner and will be much better than any offer in 1156.

And then, when Sandy Bridge comes, are only a few months before the next thing comes greatastic. And then once the upgrade is going to be obsolete. That said, the building looks good, except that it would be preferable according WD hard drive and 750 watts is not only necessary. I would go somewhere between 400 and 500. And if not organized crime, the stock cooler will be totally fine.

I can get a couple of reasons:
    1. Do you want a computer as at this time. You're excited, the money is allocated, and components are now quite badass.
    2. Most people get better every few years if you do not get things next year this time, maybe I will next time.
    3. There are great deals on a lot of things at this time.
    4. Do not want to pay the premium for early adopters.
    5. Maybe right after Intel comes up with something fresh; AMD will come up with something even cooler and still be behind the game when you waited all this time anyway.
    I know that these arguments can be any holes in them, but so can the argument out.

I've been thinking the same thing, but I had to do this here because I did not know where to draw the line. Buy now is not bad at all if you have an old system, but not without feeling cheated because the current socket 1156 and 1366 CPUs have dropped in price despite the release of Sandy Bridge. But then, again to see if you wait around June, when the revisions of SB motherboards are finally sold. Then maybe it would be only one or two months is also worth waiting to see how AMD does with his next chip?