Thread: P8P67 pro frequently shows red light on CPU during first boot.

P8P67 pro frequently shows red light on CPU during first boot.

I have a P8P67 pro and I was very happy to get it. But it has started to give me frequent problems. The problem is that the when I try to boot there comes a red light. This red light gets flashed frequently during the first boot. I am getting very worried on this and I don’t know what to do. Should I RMA the CPU or should I change the motherboard. Please help me on this issue and I am waiting for the solution as early as possible.

Re: P8P67 pro frequently shows red light on CPU during first boot.

I had a look at your problem and would ask you that does that problem persist when your boot your system. There have been a many reports of cold booting and getting the red indicators but they go away when you try to reboot. So that is the reason why I would suggest you to have subsequent reboots. I believe even I had the same issue when I first booted but it has since gone away. Hence I would suggest you to follow the same procedure.

Even I am facing with exactly the same issue. I tried to troubleshoot this thing for three hours before talking to an ASUS representative who advised me to RMA the board. I am really disappointed on this problem. If you find a fix let me know but it's either bad CPU or bad motherboard. But I really have a strong feeling that this issue is due to the bad mother board rather that the issue of CPU. So can anyone suggest me the solution of this?

I have a solution to this issue. You need to follow the clear RTC RAM procedure. In this first you need to turn off the PC and the unplug the power cord. Then this should be followed by the process of moving the jumper cap from pins 1-2 to pins 2-3. Now keep the cap on pins 2-3 for about 5–10 seconds and then move the cap back to pins 1-2. Now plug the power cord and turn ON the computer. Once this is done then holds down the delete key during the boot process and enters BIOS setup to re-enter data. That is it. This will definitely solve your problem.

Thanks for your replies. I would tell you that if I press the power on its red and then it turns off one second later and then it reboots itself with the light still on and nothing happens. Is there something that I should try anything? Also what is cold reboot? I haven’t tried the previous solution that is given but I’ll try to follow it. But I hope that it works for me and everything after that will be fine. But if there are any other solutions then do get back to me.

I think that you have done a bare install and as soon as you turn it on it turns off and then restarts itself. You also notice a red LED light? I feel that you need to do RMA on this. It sounds like lots of people are having this issue. You can also try to figure out that have you potentially done any damage to my CPU. The reason for this problem can be due to some fault in the CPU. Also this can happen if the CPU socket has been damaged or contact is not occurring correctly causing the post process to fail.