Thread: How to get processors temperature

How to get processors temperature

I really do not know what the problem here is with the system of mine. I recently bought this new computer and I have the Windows 7 64 bit on it. I've seen I cannot see the temperature here in this case. What could be the problem here? I am having the ASUS motherboard and I have the AMD Phenom processor 955 Black here. I have no idea about this and will be very happy if anyone over here can I can say that I can see the temperature. I will appreciate each and every reply for this.

Re: How to get processors temperature

You just talked that you cannot observe the temperature and has tried to perceive the temperature within the BIOS. Well, I believe it is the most dependable place where you are able to contain the actual temperature for the processor. Well go in the BIOS and you will get to see the temperature. Other than this, if you desire then you can attempt to make use of third-party application and look if that can assist you discover the accurate temperature of the processor.

I think it will be fantastic if you can use third-party application such as fan speed. Download and install that to your computer and make out if it helps to see the temperature display. Intentionally I suggest you go with the implementation of fan speed and I think he has great user interface and what is actually getting the right processor temperature. Please try to install here and see if it really can help here.

I believe that is missing in the latest BIOS and I suggest you to update the BIOS of that and see if it really can help here with this. Well, I saw that at some point the old BIOS cannot play well with the new team and therefore I think it will be great if you can update the BIOS of the system. Also, besides this I would like you to make use of the CPUID HWMonitor and see if it helps to see the temperature here.

Well, I think updating the BIOS is the real risk and I think if you can be third-party application here then it can really help you here. To name a few I think you can give Motherboard Monitor, Intel Active Monitor, SpeedFan and Hmonitor can really help with this. Please see that fits in your case here and please let me be notified about it here. Well, if you ask me I think Intel Active Monitor is most appropriate, since I have this for me.

There is a free program you can download from Snapfiles called "Speccy" - it is a great little app. that will show you a vast amount of information about your computer and the processes that are going on in it, including real-time temperature readings for your CPU, Hard-Drive, etc, etc. NOTE: when you create a desktop icon for Speccy and click on it, a panel will pop up that looks like an installation panel. It is not an installation panel however, and all you do is click on it and the Speccy application will materialise.

Well thank you very much for the suggestions they have done here and I think the third party application that really did the trick here. Well in my case SpeedFan really did the trick and let me tell you that its interface is very easy to use and I could use it very well here. The first time I was thinking that this is the question for Windows 7, but now I'm happy that this is really working for me now.

For those interested in system diagnostic/monitoring applications, there is another one called "Everest Ultimate Edition". The best place to download it is CNET because there are a lot of user reviews there which are essential reading; Everest provides mind-boggling amounts of information but there are a couple of things about Everest that you have to be careful with such as it's feature that can create a humungous report file! For sheer real-time monitoring and desplaying of everything that is going on in your system, it would be hard to find anything better than this.