Thread: Overclocked voltage remains same with MSI P67S-C43 motheboard

Overclocked voltage remains same with MSI P67S-C43 motheboard

I think that this new board MSI P67S-C43 making some trouble with CPU voltage inside BIOS. No matter what settings I do the voltage hangs around at 1.208, holding rear the fresh 2500k fairly a bit. By the use if the MSI Control Center I can change the voltage anyhow but when I reboot the system the voltage comes back to the BIOS settings. I have tried it many time but results are the same. Is there anyone who is using similar board with overclocked? Please advise me something. I do have new version of BIOS installed. I thought that with the use of MSI Control Center I can set any voltage I like but I cannot exceed 1.4V.

Re: Overclocked voltage remains same with MSI P67S-C43 motheboard

I think that you need to overclock the speed along with voltage. If you only overclock the voltage then it may revert back to the same position after you reboot the system. Otherwise it may be the reason that the device which you are trying to overclock will not accept such a vast amount voltage. Sometime this will happen when the processor or memory or the motherboard itself does not allow the overclocking to any of the components that are connected to it.

I think that the voltage point for which you are expected to overclock might be too high for the current clock speed. Usually 1.5/1.53v is utilized only for 3.9/4.0Ghz. However it actually based on the motherboard or may be the component. In so far as temperatures go you do not wish for to go elevated than 65c. Check the clock speed and analyze whether you can overclock the voltage or not. if not possible then dot try it.

It seems to me that the Windows utility which you are trying to overclock might not be the compatible and acceptable tool to do so. If you cannot overclock to the expected voltage then you can find different way to overclock it. Sometime it is not possible for you to raise the voltage above some particular point. This because of the restriction of the component or the motherboard. So do not go further than that otherwise you might harm the entire unit.

In my case I cannot obtain it stable by the side of the current clock speed 3.5 GHZ except I configure the processor Voltage at 1.52V. However if I go above the 1.51V it will not clutch. I've tried with the Multiplier plus still FSB and a mixture of together. I utilized ZALMAN ZM-STG1. Processor is presently 1.52V. This on an MSI 790FX-GD70 North bridge is set to auto and South bridge to auto. Chipset voltage is also auto. I had not lifted the voltage on top of the chipset due to not pushing it that firm the initial few times and by the use of multiplier. However my reading seems to be stable now.

The memory voltage or the CPU voltage which you are trying to overclock may not be possible due to the compatibility issue between the components and the motherboard. When any unit does not fully support the motherboard at that time you will not able to take control of its unit and modify it anyhow. First make sure that your motherboard do support the overclocking. Voltage reverts back to normal position when you raise it more than its limit. So don't try to raise the voltage above its actual capability.