Thread: How can I remove MSI Live Update Online or MSI Auto Detect completely

How can I remove MSI Live Update Online or MSI Auto Detect completely

I had installed the MSI Live Update Online previously and now I want to remove this MSI Live Update Online completely that was installed from the MSI website. So I tried a few things to remove it but they didn’t work for me. I think that it is an Active X control and I can find any way to uninstall it completely from the computer .Also in the IE7 Security trusted sites tab setting I cannot see how to remove it from the list. I would like to uninstall everything that was installed from MSI Live Update Online properly. So please if anybody knows then help me.

Re: How can I remove MSI Live Update Online or MSI Auto Detect completely

I had checked your issue and I have a question in my mind. I want to know why you want to remove the MSI Live Update Online. I think that it’s a very useful tool that provides you with the update of BIOS. But whatever may be the reason I think that to fix this issue you need to uninstall the ActiveX control through IE. This will then remove the MSI Live Update Online. However you can always use the Firefox if you want as well.

I will tell you how to remove the MSI Live Update Online. If you are using IE7 then what you need to do is go to tools and then it should be followed by manager add-ons. Now under the show tab choose all add-ons which will show all Active X add-ons on the right side of windows. Now there will be an add- ons called as ‘Micro-star Int'l Co. Ltd’. Now this is the one you need to remove it. After that you need to highlight and double click it and there is a remove button at the left corner. Now click this remove button and this Active X is disabled. This will help you to fix the problem.

I think that the solution that is provided earlier is correct but is a bit incomplete. So for that what you need to do is once you finish with the removing process of Active X then close the IE7.Then go to the C:\program files\MSI .Then what I would suggest is to delete this MSI folder completely. And then reboot the machine. After that use some registry fixing program to fix the registry. The program will find some broken links of Active X and they will fix it for you. Thus once you done with the whole process you will be fine.

According to me you need to follow the solution that is being provided to resolve the issue. I just wanted to tell you that you should never ever in future try to install the product MSI live update. As far as I am concerned it is very that great and it complicated the things very much. I am sure that it will mess up your life. But there are some people who use this product and that maybe because it works great with them .But in general is great with someone but not the majority. As a reminder to others that may read this don't install Live Update.

Thanks a lot for the solutions. I am very grateful to you all for providing me with the solutions. I followed the same steps that were mentioned in the solution and all went perfectly fine for me. As I had thought before the problem was with the Active X and I thought that it is the reason for the issue. But now I don’t have a problem at all and everything is fine and I am happy that I removed MSI Live Update Online completely because I was a real headache. I would like to once again thank you for providing me with the solutions.