Thread: Asus P8P67 motherboard PCI Simple Communications Controller driver is not installed

Asus P8P67 motherboard PCI Simple Communications Controller driver is not installed

Yesterday I have purchased the Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard for my computer and I also bought the Intel i7 2600k CPU. After the configuration it worked great. The idle temperature of the system is also acceptable. However the system or may be the motherboard still lacking with one driver. Does anybody heard about the Simple Communications Controller? I think that this controller is something regarding the network drivers or maybe the modem. I don’t know why it is still not installed in my computer. Will it affect my computer if I ignore this because I didn’t find any drivers yet?

Re: Asus P8P67 motherboard PCI Simple Communications Controller driver is not installed

However the PCI simple Communications controller which you are talking about is the Intel Management Interface. For this you have to find and download and install the SOL/AMT software pack. As far as I know your computer will very well without the use of it, except the remote Intel management interface will not work at all. Majority of the peoples or user by no means use it or still not be familiar with what it does anyways.

Re: Asus P8P67 motherboard PCI Simple Communications Controller driver is not installed

The full name of the PCI is "Practical Communication Interface." Within your PC, there are slots typically in which you can slide PCI Cards (PCI Controller's). For example your PC doesn't have a network interface; as a result you buy one, unlock your PC, and put it in one free PCI slots. Your PC afterward has a network interface installed. There might be PCI units that are integrated into the motherboard too. "Controller" you are almost certainly considering within device manager with a yellow flag next to it. It indicates that hardware installed in your system and it doesn't distinguish what it is or else what to achieve through it.

I think that it is not a modem problem. Most computers have 3 or extra PCI slots. The modem might be your barely PCI device consequently you believe you contain a modem trouble. It is actually a PCI to motherboard dilemma. For this issue you should contact the motherboard manufacturer. Microsoft may not release the proper drivers designed PCI controller. For that reason you need to open the motherboard manufacturer website and find a proper driver inside it.

First of all go to your BIOS setting menu and there check that you have enabled the onboard LAN. After that go the ASUS website. In the page select Download and choose the OS. There you will find a LAN driver. Download it to your computer. Now open the device manager and locate pci simple communications controller. Right click on it and choose update driver. Follow the instructions and install the driver which you have saved in your computer. Restart the computer and you are out of trouble now.

If you do not use the LAN then you don’t need this controller because this is required mainly for LAN interface. If you are using the PCI modem for internet then it won’t affect at all. The system keeps on showing that you need to install the driver. To hide this just disables the LAN option by going to the BIOS setup. Otherwise open the Windows Device manager and go to the PCI simple communications controller. Right click on it and select disable. After this you won’t get any trouble until you required using the onboard LAN.