Thread: Computer Instantly rebooting with Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard

Computer Instantly rebooting with Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard

I have replaced my computer’s motherboard with the new ASUS P8P67 Pro after my previous board completely friend up. After configuring it in the CPU case I started it for the first time. The thing is it didn’t post at all. For that reason I have pressed the power button. Now it started rebooting every 5 seconds. I have cleared the CMOS but it didn’t help me. I thought that this new generation board work well but I think that I was wrong.

Re: Computer Instantly rebooting with Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard

I think that you didn’t install the operating system properly in your computer. You need to re-install the operating system by the use of original operating system. Otherwise you can do another thing. Just get a Linux live disk and put into your combo drive. After that power up the computer and boot from that CD. It will let you know whether it is a hardware problem or the software or else the operating system problem.

Your computer can power up means it is working properly because otherwise if there is any hardware failure then it won’t boot at all. For this issue we can guess several things regarding the processor, RAM, PSU, IDE connectors, HDD, cables and other peripherals which are connected to the motherboard. First make sure that you have connected the PSU connectors to the motherboard properly. Then check for the Fan and heatsink connectors. If all are properly fixed then swap the Ram modules each other or to different slots. Like this way check one by one and at last you may get the defected area.

I think that you haven’t configured the system properly. There might be something still needs to be fixed. Just recheck the all cables and make sure that there is no damage to the cables and also for the connectors. Otherwise it may be possible that the PSU is not offering sufficient power to the computer. Just check the PSU with other computer. At last attach the computer to other power outlet and see what you can get from there.

It must the issue of the Power button. The power button which is attached to the CPU case might be malfunctioned. It is automatically cycling the power as on and off. Not only the power button, there is also a restart button. You need to check this too. Check the RAM modules. When the RAM slots get malfunctioned you will hear beep sound or sometime no sound. At this time when you power up the computer, all the peripherals which are connected to the motherboard start working. You can hear the FAN sound also but you won’t get anything on monitor. At this time just swap the RAM to another slot.

I think that it is a Ran dust issue. It means that your CMOS is completely out of power or charge. For this you need to get your system to the hardware repair person. He might fix it if possible. If it is a new motherboard then I don’t say that it is a case. Have checked the motherboard with different configuration? I think that you need to do this. You may know any hardware repair center. Just contact them and they will check your motherboard for some small amount of price.