Thread: Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard compatibility with memory amount

Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard compatibility with memory amount

I want tell something concerning memory amount on the Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard.
    • The Foremost version of P8P67 PRO BIOS barely permitted Windows 7 64-bit to distinguish 4GB of memory, although the BIOS itself and additional utilities displayed 8192MB appropriately.
    • The 1003 version of e BIOS with Windows 7 64-bit showed 8GB of RAM.
    • The 1003 version of BIOS didn’t post through 4x4GB Gskill 1333 MHz DDR3 DIMMs configured. After removing it post properly
    • Upgraded BIOS to beta version 1053 posted the system with 4x4GB Gskill DIMMs properly
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit displays 16GB memory within the System Properties and also in task manager.

Re: Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard compatibility with memory amount

I have never seen this kind of occurring before. Furthermore I never thought that the BIOS could do such a vast difference with the RAM. I don’t think that the posting of the computer and the RAM amount limitation has to do something with the BIOS version. I know that the BIOS upgrade will do lot more difference to the motherboard. The main affect goes to the processor but for memory I don’t think so. The acceptability of the RAM is completely depends on the compatibility of the RAM.

I think that this information is very useful. I have never seen this kind of post in any forums before. it is the first time I am seeing this post. The BIOS version actually changes the motherboard feature and compatibility with other peripherals. I knew that the Asus P8P67 PRO motherboard would work with 8GB RAM but I didn’t think that It can also post with 16GB RAM. That is great.

One of the mainly predictable and talked concerning features of the P8P67 sequence is the ASUS EFI BIOS, which is designed on the basis of the innovative Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) requirement and put back the antique text-only BIOS design that we have all developed familiarized to. Most obviously, UEFI carries onward a graphical user interface (GUI) and the capability to make use of the mouse rather than simply keyboard within the BIOS setting. Though, this innovative BIOS spec moreover features additional fresh competences too, similar to support meant for boot drives over 2.2TB, which beforehand essential third-party storage cards, and the possible in favor of faster boot times.

The P8P67 Pro is developed on the basis upon the Intel’s new-fangled P67 Express chipset to hold up the new Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs. This chipset can work with all Intel’s Core i7, i5 and i3 CPUs on top of the LGA-1155 interface. Unluckily with each new processor family initiate Intel is inclined to modify the interface intended for the innovative processors and this is the fact by means of Sandy Bridge. The best thing is this motherboard can carry nearly 32GB of DDR3 2200 (OC) memory. No matter what BIOS use it will post with any amount of memory up to 32GB.

The Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard is the best motherboard which everyone should buy because it is a new generation model with the support of USB 3.0 and onboard Bluetooth along with some additional features which I cannot list out now. The compatibility issue between the BIOS version and the RAM may exist. At foremost the ASUS uses normal BIOS with only text options which you can alter it using keyboard only. Now they have developed unique BIOS with GUI capability so that you can alter the settings even with the use of mouse. So it has make big difference and it might have made some changes with RAM amount also.