Thread: Cold Boot Fix for ASUS P8P67 series

Cold Boot Fix for ASUS P8P67 series

a number of you may have been knowledge a double POST on your P8P67 series motherboard at which point after powering on the machine from a cold boot, the motherboard will power on and then without delay reset itself before it really POSTs and explain any display on the monitor. I have this kind of problem right now and I don’t know what I can do for the fix to problem. If you have any suggestion then please help me.

re: Cold Boot Fix for ASUS P8P67 series

From time to time we required to execute full resets in order to preserve constancy due to the structural design of the Sandy Bridge platform. For example, the system may need one full reset at what time the PCH control has been hack through S5 power condition. To solve the most general additional reset (double POST what time powering on from off position), Enter UEFI BIOS then go into superior tab and then go downward to APM, push Enter button and then permit the Power on by PCIe. Then hit “F10” button to save and exit. After save and way out, let the machine boot into Windows or additional Operating System, then do a correct shutdown.

This setting appears to have solved my double cold boot problem, but I decided to turn it back off and the double cold boot problem did not come reverse. I did do a total CMOS reset as well as drag the battery just previous to trying this and did not test in between so I am not accurately confident as to why the double cold boots go away, but hopefully it will stay away. I would like to suggest you to try these tips at least once and let’s see.

First you will require an usb flash drive that you have to use the 1253.ROM onto. Then, you will start again your machine, hit delete button to enter BIOS setup, and confirm that you have the usb drive holding the .ROM file linked to one of your usb ports. Choose your usb flash drive and then it is inside will show up on the right side under Folder Information. Then you will just choose the 1253 and follow the information only.