Thread: FFXIV and 580 GTX?

FFXIV and 580 GTX?

I refer to the updating of a 4870x2 to a GTX 580 in the next three to four weeks and was wondering if anyone has had any knowledge in handling FFXIV a GTX 580? Any problem driving? Any Benchmarks? No one has been operating in most of the comments new card and that's what I will mainly be playing for next year is a decisive factor for me. But really want some reply from your side because I do not know much about it.

Re: FFXIV and 580 GTX?

The previous Nvidia WHQL drivers come into view to have increased FFXIV compatibility/presentation. I would assume that the 580 should work very well, since it is just a refreshed 480 among somewhat improved performance. PS I have played XIV and been actual dissatisfied. I do not imagine to renew my subscription in any way until they fix the game - no sale house, bad time based limits on lives, quite dull/unfulfilling levequests, no named enormous, very small diversity in monsters, mad crafting system and item wear that will charge you extra currency than you build unless you master almost every craft, etc.

How do nVidia cards execute in XIV on the whole? measure up to to ATI cards, my 4870x2 is nasty right now because of unfortunate driver support for CF in XIV, tremendous noise and the having only one downward clocked graphics processing unit run in windowed mode, I would like to attempt nVidia for a change now but I would like to know how the game work for nVidia guys (particularly 580 GTX holders) previous to I make my purchase. (I not at all owned an nVidia card previous to).

I have used to play FFXI before some day, and after a some months discarded it. It has nothing but terrible memories. The truth FFXIV has a fifty score on meteoritic, among client ratings of 3.8/10, means your chances of finding somebody with both a 1-week aged brand fresh video card and a game that is been generally panned as being unfinished are pretty low. I hope this will help you to know about it.

Try a few very minor overclocking, using the EVGA accuracy device. I went from expand to 847 Core, 2004 Memory,1694 Shader. Immediately using the top slider connected ... now I am thinking this 580 I have will be an OC creature. The whole thing is passing through flying colors and I am not capable of get superior than 89C under serious load. No voltage pinches to talk of, stock 580. Ran the experiment with the similar High settings and got 5866, load time 32299ms. I am sure once I find a correct option I will push this thing added.