Thread: MSI K9A2 Platinum with OCZ 1066 ddr2 runs at indifferent speeds

MSI K9A2 Platinum with OCZ 1066 ddr2 runs at indifferent speeds

I have a MSI K9A2 Platinum with OCZ 1066 ddr2 RAM to go along with it. But the problem that occurs is that the memory runs at indifferent speeds. I tried everything to make the speed normal but nothing worked for me. I tried it to run at proper speeds. I updated the BIOS to the most recent version of 1.6 and I tried to set the voltage and latency settings manually. But even that didn’t work for me. So can anyone tell me how to make the memory speed normal as I am facing lots of problem without it?

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum with OCZ 1066 ddr2 runs at indifferent speeds

I think that there will be a ratio button that will help you to maintain a proper speed .This ratio button will give you an option higher than 1:2.This will help you to maintain the proper speed of the memory. Also you need use an AM2+ CPU to do that. Using a AM2+ CPU will help you to fix your problem immediately. The main board has nothing to do with your problem. I don’t feel you need to check the main board to eliminate your problem. Can you tell give me some details about your system.

Thank you for your reply. Yes I can provide you with some details of my system .As I have started earlier I have a MSI K9A2 Platinum with the OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 in it. There is a Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ2P10664GK.Also present is the AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard. Along with that there is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.1GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor present. Please help me out on this issue immediately.

I think that there is a need to provide your motherboards from receiving any future negative feedback and also have them corrected the way they display the memory standard. I think that we need to check out the board before getting it from the provider’s site. For the one who don't research a mother board from the provider’s site they will feel deceived and they won’t think of using MSI product ever again. But I don’t understand why it works only with the AM2 + CPU.

I don’t agree with the fact that if you don’t do any research for the products then no one will go for MSI product ever again. This doesn’t make any sense at all. There are many who will go on to buy the MSI products even though they don’t browse it on the website. As it has already mentioned to you before that there is nothing to do with the main board. Board can support 1066 memory sticks. As you know you can use 1066 memory sticks without problem and they can run at different speeds and that does not depend on the main board but it depends on the CPU usage.

The memory controller integrated in the CPU can works at around speed of 800MHZ maximum. For 1066 you need the latest AM2+ generation CPU which memory controller support 1066.So as been stated before you just need to get the AM2+ CPU to fix the problem. If you need more information then you can also ask the AMD or you can go through AMD technical documents. Also remember that a retailer isn't always perfect in describing the products they sell. So this tells the point that even though you don’t browse a web site for a product it can be a very useful product one you buy it.

Thanks a lot for your solutions again. According to me it has nothing to do on the specifications for the main board. Even I know that there is not an issue with the motherboard. It actually says that the AM2/AM2+ with a memory standard of 1066 MHz However as you have stated that I have to get an AM2+CPU to get my memory to run at the proper MHZ. So I would once again like to thank you for your solutions and suggestions.