Thread: MSI R5770 Hawk unable to work on a MSI MS-7093 main board

MSI R5770 Hawk unable to work on a MSI MS-7093 main board

I have a MSI MS-7093 and now I just got a new graphic card. I then installed the new graphic card which was MSI R5770 Hawk. Once I installed the new graphics card MSI R5770 Hawk and it started giving the problem .The problem is that my PC doesn’t boot properly and the card is unable to work. The power comes on and also seems to work but the system doesn’t boot properly. When I replaced the graphics card with my older MSI Geforce NX7600GT everything works fine. Can anyone help me one this issue.

Re: MSI R5770 Hawk unable to work on a MSI MS-7093 main board

Looking at your problem I feel that you need to clear the CMSO guide. This is to be done by removing the power cord. So once you remove the power cords you can clear the CMSO guide. I think this will work for you. But in case it doesn’t work then there must be some reasons for it. So it can be because of weak PSU or this can be a problem of old motherboard. And this old main board probably requires BIOS update to support 5x series. Also there can be the reason of VGA failure itself. So you need to look into this to fix your problem.

Thanks for the feedback. I had a look at the solution you have provided and I started to work on it. I think that the problem is in the Main board and for this I contacted the MSI technicians and I am waiting for the response from their side. Also I tried to clear the CMOS guide but even I halted in that process. So can you please tell me how to go forward in the process of clearing the CMOS guide? I guess it will help me to fix my issue completely.

I will help you to know how to clear the CMOS guide. It is very important to understand that you need to clear the CMOS .What you need to do is that you need to restore the default settings in all BIOS menus. After that you just need to restore the original BIOS code. This will not go back to the original bios version and will stay in the latest BIOS version. This is how you need to clear the CMSO guide. And you have to remember that before you do that you just need to remove the power cord. This will help you to solve your problem. Now the MSI R5770 Hawk works properly on a MSI MS-7093 main board. And I am happy that there was no problem in the card.

I think that there is some problem in your PSU. Your PSU is no good. The motherboard are normally involved in so much that it could require a certain BIOS update only for the new graphics card. But I don't think even such an update will solve your problem completely. So for that matter you need to check you PSU and need to get a new one. This might help you to solve the problem. Also have you tried working the new card new card safe mode? According to me if it doesn’t work then the card is bad one.

There can be various reasons for your problem. Among those it can be that while many PCIe 2.x cards will work properly but in PCIe ver 1.x motherboards there are some older motherboards which do not function well with PCIe ver 2.x cards. So this can be a why MSI R5770 Hawk unable to work on a MSI MS-7093 main board. Also there can be a possibility that it can depend on which company manufactured the cards and mobos as well as BIOS levels, drivers, etc. So you also need to check the graphic card again in safe mode and see if it is working properly or not. And if it’s not working then change the card.

Thank you for your suggestions. I first started to clear the CMOS guide and got positive results in doing that. I followed the same steps as they were stated and I went through it properly. But resetting the CMOS but it didn`t make any difference. The problem still persisted and I then thought that the problem lies in the PSU. So I purchased a new Gigabyte Odin 585w Power Supply and it worked properly for me. Now the MSI R5770 Hawk works properly on a MSI MS-7093 main board .And I am relieved that there is no problem with my new graphic card.