Thread: A clock interrupt error occurs in Phenom 9850 with MSI K9A2 Platinum

A clock interrupt error occurs in Phenom 9850 with MSI K9A2 Platinum

I have a MSI K9A2 PLATINUM with me along with the AMD Phenom Quad Core 9850 Black Edition. Now the problem is that I have been getting an error with this processor. The error that gets flashed says that a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor. I have BIOS 1.3 flashed. Now I just need to know what is causing the error. Also is there any solution to this. If there is then do reply to me. I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: A clock interrupt error occurs in Phenom 9850 with MSI K9A2 Platinum

I had a look at your problem. But before going forward I just need to ask you something. Do you use system stock parameters like no over clock? Also have you done clear CMOS guide yet. It is very important to understand that you need to clear the CMOS .What you need to do is that you need to restore the default settings in all BIOS menus. You need to restore the original BIOS code. This will not go back to the original bios version. Try this out and it may help you to get away with the problem.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I would like to tell you that u have already done all that. I think that there might me some issue with the BIOS.I think that I might need to update the bios to 1.4.I think that it has the new CPU code update and I guess it’s worth to check it out. If this doesn't work I might have to look for some other options. I think there are a lot of people having this same issue but there is currently no work around or fix.

I feel that there can be some sort of issue with the drivers. It appears to me that there is some sort of driver issue with the Phenom and the Windows Vista. As you have rightly stated that there have been some people having this same issue. This might be some sort of a BSOD issue. So have you tried doing the fresh install with minimum use of hardware? If not then do fresh install with minimum use of hardware and I am sure that it will help you to fix the problem.

I had a Phenom 9600 with me and had to go to Phenom 9850.I did apply the same procedure to go from 9600 to the 9850.I pulled the 9600 out and then put the 9850 in and then cleared CMOS and booted the computer. While following this procedure I didn’t have an issue. I didn't have an issue with getting into Windows XP. I didn't need to reinstall or anything. Have you upgraded to Vista SP1 yet? There is supposedly a new driver for k10 integrated into it. It might possibly be the BISO you're using too though. You might need to upgrade the BISO 1.4.

I had a look at your solution and I had would tell you that I have not done a fresh install. What I did is that I pulled my old Phenom 9500 out and then replaced it with the 9850 in its place. Then I just uninstalled the drivers for the 9500 device manager and then it was followed by the reinstalled of the 9850. During this process the windows installed the drivers without a problem. But what do you think that which is the best bios for the 9850? Please reply to this question.

I had a 5600x2 and I moved from to the 9850 Black Edition. While doing it I just to flash to bios 1.4.I had check it somewhere that we need to flash to BIOS 1.4 for proper 9850 support. So I started by moving to it and I feel that you too are need to do the same. You are facing the clock interrupt problem because of the BIOS 1.3 which you have currently. Now I have no trouble at all except for a low-level AMD driver that was actually left over from my x2 install, and which I had removed earlier. Other than that there is no problem at all. So you need to follow the same steps to fix your problem.

Re: A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within

This is a CPU (multi-processor) error. It could be from needing a BIOS update, but is more likely a defective core in your multi-core CPU (processor). If you update the BIOS & still get this BSOD (Re: A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within) then it is a defective core in your multi-core CPU.