Thread: PC with Microstar K7N2 Delta-L freezes at detecting IDE devices

PC with Microstar K7N2 Delta-L freezes at detecting IDE devices

When I restart my computer either automatically or manually, the whole system gets stuck near the text or screen showing as Detecting IDE devices. However If I press the power button, It boots up very well. It seems to me that it’s my motherboard which is causing the issue for me. Here is my computer specification.
    • MSI Microstar K7N2 Delta-L (MS-6570) Socket A DDR MB with Athlon XP 3000+ (2.167Ghz) 333FSB processor
    • 512MB PC2700 333 RAM
    • Visiontek Geforce 4 4600
    • Western Digital 80GB HDD.

Re: PC with Microstar K7N2 Delta-L freezes at detecting IDE devices

First of move toward the bios setup menu and then there ensure (if you do not contain a Raid configuration) that your Raid is disabled. It sounds similar to it is searching for an integrated IDE raid. May be described somewhat similar to a Promise Raid Controller otherwise somewhat like depending ahead the mother board. Earlier than you depart the bios setup menu, check that you have the HDD Priority configured to boot from the SATA at foremost.

It seems to me that you computer has corrupt BIOS. So get rid of the power cable from the back of the PC. If your Motherboard is an ATX there will be an LED on top of the board someplace. Stare at this LED awaiting it goes away. Find the CMOS battery and eliminate it. Check the jumpers on the motherboard and/or search for a button for resetting the CMOS battery. Push the switch and wait for nearly one minute. If there is no button then switch the jumpers to clear it.

I think that it has something to do with your secondary IDE channel. For that you need to try below things.
    • Set BIOS to 'auto' for all devices
    • Check the drive jumpers again
    • Check all the power units twice
    • Replace old ribbon cable with new ribbon cable and check all connection inside the case.
    • If you have more than one drive then check with single drive at a time.
    • Upgrade the firmware for several significant devices.

The drive that has operating system is on has the boot series on (NTLDR). The BIOS looks for a bootable drive within the order dogged by the BIOS. Inside BIOS menu, set the first boot device as HDD-0. Change the drive as master, and now the PC must load. You look like to be signifying that OS is on single Drive and the boot series is on an additional. If you have any doubt about the motherboard, then take out from the case and configure it will any other computer and see what you can get.

I think that the reason for this issue is of the system’s registry. The registry is an extremely composite and frequently misinterpreted section of Windows. It’s fundamental to your PC’s process. Imagine of the registry like the PC’s brain. And the whole thing you accomplish on the PC, the whole thing you install or eliminate, is stored inside the brain. When you take away belongings, very frequently definite registry entries are left after, similar to memories. They are the main cause. The registry freezes on to them, still, and finally it gets consequently filled that it’s firm to discover things that are significant now. The registry is almost certainly the offender if your PC freezes accidentally.