Thread: MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 unable to boot after AMD 1090T upgrade

MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 unable to boot after AMD 1090T upgrade

Previously I had a Phenom X4 9950 with me. Then I decided to upgrade it to AMD 1090T.Now I have a MSI K9A2 Platinum v1, with BIOS 1.8 which I suppose is the latest and a new AMD Phenom II X6 1090T which is the upgraded one. When I installed it suddenly I started to face with some problem. The system hangs on the OS boot-up process and it happened both in Windows and Linux. So the MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 is not able boot after the up gradation of AMD 1090T.Windows get to the splash screen and freezes and the Linux gets to a screen showing the mouse cursor and then freezes.Do any one have a solution for this?

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum v1 unable to boot after AMD 1090T upgrade

I had a look at your problem and I feel that you need to go into BIOS and then you need to load the optimized default setting .Once you do that you need to save it and then exit. You can check it out and if you still have a problem with it then you need to do a repair. Even I faced with the similar problem when I was upgrading my CPU with win 7.You can also try to increase the voltage on the CPU and also try to disable the turbo mode. You can check out with these solutions and see if they work or not.

Thank you for your reply. What you have mentioned in the solution had already been tried by me. Unfortunately that didn't fix my problem. I had set my RAM back to 1066 which according to me is very unstable. Then I tried to set it back to 800 to see of it works or not and even that failed to work. The screen still shows splash screen and it suddenly freezes. Then I also tried to use the USB Open on a flash drive but even that failed to work. So is there any solution for this issue.

There is one more solution to this. You might be having this issue due to the over clocking. What you need to do is you need to remove the RAM .Then you need to remove the heat sink and check if there are any bent pins present. Then it should be followed by the re installation of the heat sink /CPU. After that install the RAM which is an essential step. Also you need to upgrade to Grub2 or otherwise you will face with the problem of a GRUB 22 error. Follow this steps and I am sure that they will help you.

I agree with the solution that is being provided before. But I feel that you need to follow certain steps to upgrade to Grub2.First you need to remove the RAM .Then after removing the heat sink and after checking if there are any bent pins present you re installation of the heat sink /CPU which will be a lot better. Now to fix the GRUB error you need to reinstall the Open suse drive. You just need to follow the steps that have been mentioned and you can get away with the problem. Also you need to remember that make your drives recognized on UUID as the motherboard tends to change drive letters the USB sticks are inserted.

Thank you for all your solutions. They worked for me very beautifully. I followed the steps as they were mentioned and now there seems to be no problem with the booting process. I encountered with the GRUB 22 error when I tried it for the first time but then I use the same procedure that has been mentioned in the solution to get away with it. I would once again like to thank you for providing me with the solutions and helping me to fix the problem. It really works fine now.