Thread: RAID setup with MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard

RAID setup with MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard

My computer has got a new motherboard called MSI 890GXM-G65. After getting this new motherboard now my interest turns toward setting up the Raid array. I would like to configure the 2 SATA 3 drives within a RAID 0. You may think that it is easy to setup but in my case it is not. However the drivers could not be predictable for the period of the Windows 7 installation. For that reason I have downloaded and extracted ATI_SB8xx_RAID_732_mb.zip, however the Windows 7 doesn't emerge to notice the files; I can't discover whichever precise instructions at MSI intended for loading the Windows drivers. Can anybody tell me why this is so?

Re: RAID setup with MSI 890GXM-G65 motherboard

I don’t think that you need to struggle much in order to set the RAID array for this. However here is a solution for this issue:
    • Check bios is correctly configured on the motherboard hence it doesn’t utilize IDE, instead make use of the ahci otherwise raid mode.
    • Begin the windows 7 installation.
    • Select the 32bit raid driver for your computer.
    • Now push “get driver” button over again and select the 64bit driver.
    • Now Install it in your computer and reboot.

I have actually figured out the solution for your issue but I think that it is little more complicated for you.
    • First of all install bios v1.0 for your motherboard.
    • Now install Windows 7 64 bit, drivers will instantaneously notice raid array
    • After that just open a command prompt like an administrator and enter the subsequent command:
    • bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    • Reboot the system.
    • Install each and every one of updated AMD chipset drivers as well as Raid drivers.
    • Now install bios version v1.6.
    • Reboot the computer and enjoy with further process.

In order to get RAID array your system’s S-ATA connection should support the ATAPI command set. Several PC motherboards encompass S-ATA RAID chipsets and/or BIOS that do not hold up the ATAPI command set utilized through optical disc drives. If you are unconfident, discuss with your motherboard instruction manual or seller web site in favor of compatibility, furthermore regarding BIOS versions as well as BIOS settings.

If your motherboard is capable to support the Linux operating system, you currently necessitate both reinstalling the computer on the RAID0 arrangement and restoring your information from backups, otherwise generating a sensible partition board and restoring together system as well as data from backups. However I don't advise utilizing hardware RAID with shopper hardware. Linux has dependable and quick RAID0 as well as RAID1 support.

I have to speak that typically MSI give method excessively numerous additional except this moment not having a hardly any stuff was effortlessly mixture from those history overages. However I can notice it like a trouble for a fresh build individual on their foremost build. I would have recommended you came across at your Bios configuration settings for the SATA configuration and remember them, subsequently after a BIOS update position back toward those settings. Like a modify in those frequently upsets RAID configurations.