Thread: Cannot flash MSI 790fx-gd70 motherboard

Cannot flash MSI 790fx-gd70 motherboard

I heard that now there is a new bios v1.a (1.10) is available for msi 790fx-gd70 motherboard which truly that supports the new generation processor from AMD called phenom x6. After reading about flashing Bios in motherboard I tried to flash my motherboard by the use of MSIHQ USB Bootable Tool. Even after following the complete instruction of the program as step by step I could not able to flash the BIOS in any manner. Instead of that I started getting error. I have also reset the CMOS but it also didn’t help at all. Can anybody tell me what the problem is?

Re: Cannot flash MSI 790fx-gd70 motherboard

If you cover an USB jump drive then simply download the BIOS update, extort it, and place the A7577AMS.1.4 file on top of the USB jump drive. After that, reboot to BIOS, and after than open the BIOS update segment, ensure USB device is chosen, and then update it. For the duration of the Flash it will locate the file on that USB drive. After the completion of automatic steps just reboot system. Numerous advice clearing the CMOS following flashing the BIOS previous to booting back up, I not at all had any problem by not clearing it. However one thing you should keep in mind that do not go for flash the BIOS except you completely necessitate too.

I don’t think that there are much more steps for flashing the BIOS in MSI motherboard. First of all you need to download the BIOS upgrade and save it in your HDD to the root of the C:\ drive. Note down the name of the file, counting the extension it is included. Now reboot the system, by the use of BIOS keystroke to appeal to the BIOS update approach. When encouraged regarding the update file, type the note down file name like "C:\"filename.ext and then run it.

The MSI has provided the M-Flash for flashing BIOS. M-Flash really has 4 functionalities:
    • Flash the BIOS from inside the BIOS restoring your DOS utility
    • Save / backup a BIOS toward USB / HDD
    • Boot a second BIOS from the use of USB
    • BIOS recovery

Since a bios consists of a variety of blocks (e.g. boot block as well as data block), the M-Flash service can certainly be utilized like a repairing utility. For example, while you have errors throughout the flash, it's probable that simply the data block is corrupted, except the boot block undamaged. At this time, the computer will boot up and inquire you to put in an USB key on which bios is situated to fix the bios.

In the BIOS section of MSI motherboard my Favorite section is the Cell menu since this is where each and every one of the procedures occurs. The AMI BIOS regroups every part of the overclocking settings. In this menu you can also get the AMD Cool’n’Quiet technology. I don’t know what kind of Tool you have used for BIOS but it doesn’t matter now. If you cannot able to flash the BIOS by the use of the USB drives then use the system’s HDD to flash the BIOS.

I am extremely satisfied by the MSI’s accomplishment of “M-Flash”. Put only, M-Flash permits incredibly uncomplicated BIOS flashing from within the BIOS and backs whichever normal USB storage device. You can still look through the file system to discover your BIOS files, which is vast as recalling those composite file names as well as extensions can be an irritation. I have flashed to quite a few BIOS revisions by the use of a regular USB stick, and couldn’t be further satisfied with the procedure. If simply all boards made it this effortless.