Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard connectors for RAID0 and SSD

MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard connectors for RAID0 and SSD

Recently I have bought the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard for my home computer from which I want to setup the RAID 0 array. I need some of the information regarding the connectors for this motherboard. I want to make use of an SSD to boot from Windows or any other OS and 2 SATA raid zero array. Does anybody know which is the most excellent ports for this? Can I use black ones or the blue ones? I am looking for maximum performance for Boot and read data from it. So any help will be much appreciated.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard connectors for RAID0 and SSD

I have also purchased the same motherboard for my home computer. I have installed the Windows operating system on the SSD. After installing it in SSD I have realized that it actually offers the maximum performance than the normal HDD. After that I use the rest of the drives only for the normal data storage. RAID is barely actual quick through SAS-drives otherwise pure-hardware-raid controllers. I don’t think that it will work properly on some onboard connectors.

My computer has been functioning appropriately for preceding couple months therefore I cannot statement on several of the additional questions, will get a gaze at how I have it configure up. For at the moment I have Two SSD on the Sb750 within raid 0 and two Western Digital black 640's in raid 0. Each and every one of these drives plus a BR and DVDRW drive which are all coupled using the black ports and I have an extra ESATA drive coupled additionally to the back port. I have not anything attached toward the blue ports, presently running next to 3.6-3.8. I didn’t get any performance related issue with this set up.

Unluckily the SATA/RAID controller constructed into the SB750 and the JMicron controllers together reasoned me fairly a bit of problem. I was capable to organize a RAID0 array in favor of installing the Windows on it. Afterward is while the issues began. I was not capable to obtain my Samsung Spinpoint drives to work on top of moreover the JMicron 322 otherwise the SB750 within AHCI or RAID mode. I may perhaps acquire the RAID array settled up on the SB750, except the computer wouldn't really write to it. I furthermore couldn't find a single drive, otherwise a RAID array still formed on the JMicron 322 by the use of Spinpoint drives.

I was seeing at deleting my Intel X25-M SSD's following hours of testing them somewhat alone, and determined to set them on the experiment system by the use of MSI 790FX-GD70 to accomplish it like I didn't wish for to worry messing with wiring in my gaming rigs. Therefore I connected them and booted from a disk through the HDDErase v3.3 function on them. One of the necessities of this utility is that the drive controller must be positioned in IDE and legacy support be activated. You must utilize one of the first 4SATA ports and the optical drive should be placed on port 4 and the SSD's on 1, 2, or 3.

I've freshly purchased a MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 motherboard through which to construct myself a new computer for my home usage. I've as well obtained 2x Corsair Extreme Series X64 64GB SSDs which I would like to set in RAID 0 as boot drive. The Motherboard contains 8 SATA connectors - 2 controlled via a JMicron JMB322 controller which is where I plugged inside the SSDs. I manufactured the PC and all went fine waiting I ran HD Tach on top of that drive and established the maximum throughput was concerning 130MB/s.