Thread: MSI K9A2 Platinum - No POST, No Beeps

MSI K9A2 Platinum - No POST, No Beeps

Hello friend I have assembled a computer for my personal use. Configuration of my computer are motherboard MSI K9a2, AMD Phenom processor with 512MB L2 cache 2MB L3 cache, 2GB RAM, Once I done with the assembling. I start my computer to run operating system on computer. But I am not getting any display on the screen when I power on it. I do not also get the beep. GPU and PSU fan spin fine. I tried a lot to solve the problem but not successes. Any suggestion, please post on this forum. Your help would be appreciated.

Re: MSI K9A2 Platinum - No POST, No Beeps

Hello friend try to test your MSI motherboard outside the cabinet to verify that the there is no shorting on motherboard. If it not working outside the cabinet. Check you have attached display cable to the motherboard running from SMPS. If it connected then check your Ram whether it is working or bad.
    If you have graphic card then make sure that video cable running from your monitor is connect to graphic card.

If you are getting any beep it means your Ram is doing well there is issue either your display unit. Make sure that cable running from monitor to your CPU is no bad or properly connected. If it is connected and not bad then make sure that motherboard is getting power or not .if it is getting the power processor fan spin it means your display card is bad. Get replace your board. Try troubleshooting carefully.

Hello friend I tried all the instruction given above very carefully. I checked my RAM to another computer it is working very well. So there is no issue of RAM. Then, I checked for processor fan. It is spinning at its normal speed and properly placed on the mother board. I have also properly connected the display wire to motherboard. SMPS fan is working condition. At last I found that my processor that I bought is bad. It is burnt one. So I am going to replace it soon.

Hello everybody, I am facing similar kind of the problem, I have Gigabyte motherboard with Intel dual core processor, 2GB RAM, I am using this computer since one year. Everything was working very well. I thought to upgrade my system so bought a 1GBRAm. I opened up my case put that Ram from that time I am not getting any display. I removed that Ram again from case. Even though I am not getting any display. If any help please let me know.