Thread: HDD cannot be detected along with ga-890gpa-ud3h

HDD cannot be detected along with ga-890gpa-ud3h

Hi all, I'm having a completely new and clean install the new hard drive. I want to install Windows 7 on that and I'm trying to use the official upgrade disc in the optical drive for Windows 7. The hard drive is working fine for the upgrade of Vista. And at the time of installation, I have chosen the custom installation and later than a few minutes showing me the message that no hard disk found to install the driver. I tried installing it many times but every time I was showing the same message and the installation cannot complete. Can you tell me anything about this error and how to solve the problem? Thanks.

Re: HDD cannot be detected along with ga-890gpa-ud3h

There may be no power to the hard drive. Check for that and if that's the case, then you can try to use another similar cable connector and the BIOS. And related to this solution I just want to tell you that at least once you give a try to this solution and if that is because of the no power in the hard drive, then going to resolve the problem and the system will detect the hard drive and you will be capable to install the operating system you want.

There may be loose connection of the hard disk to the motherboard and that is why you are facing like such problems. To confirm that it is necessary to disconnect the cable connection and make a proper connection of hard drive to the motherboard and reconnect properly. If that does not resolve the difficulty, then you are also able to try using a number of other cable and make sure the connection. You are easily get the cable at any computer hardware store and it will not cost you so much.

Over here regarding this issue I think that the boot CD which is going to use to install I hope it may have problem with that. If that does not burn properly or some essential files from the same fault, then you can create a problem like this. To confirm that you need to record a new CD and if possible, then burn a copy different from the configuration and try to install it. Two months ago, I also had similar problem and was not able to install the operating system, finally, when I tried a new CD, then did his job and installed without any problems. I hope this will do the same for you.

It is possible that the hard drive you are using is damaged and that is the reason because of that it is not getting detected. If that is the case, then there is no solution for you. Try to put the same hard drive to another computer and if it is showing you the same thing too, then it will sure the problem is with the hard drive which you are using. Once that is confirmed then the only option left for you to consider that the dealer or manufacturer if it is under warranty and if it is out of warranty, then they are forced to buy a new hard drive. Good luck!

Thank you very much to all of you for such a quick replies. It was the problem with the connecting cable. And it is not providing the correct connection. So for that reason I used a new connecting cable as suggested and at the present I am not facing any trouble with that. So anyone over here, who is facing the similar problem can try this and see if this can do the same for you or not.