Thread: H55 micro-ATX motherboards that can accommodate the CNPS7000

H55 micro-ATX motherboards that can accommodate the CNPS7000

I am currently scheduling an upgrade to my HTPC. I am using right now a Zalman CNPS7000 CPU cooler in my current system, I would like to using it continue if probable as it is approximately silent and fits properly into my Antic NSK1380 case. My inquiry is that, does someone know of any H55 micro-ATX motherboards that can accommodate the CNPS7000? As you may know, the heat sink is huge, and there can’t be any mechanism more than 39mm high within a 55mm radius of the centre of the CPU. If anyone has any personal experience with this, so please provide me the proper suggestion based on this factor.

Re: H55 micro-ATX motherboards that can accommodate the CNPS7000

You actually do not require a huge CPU cooler with an HTPC. I would like to suggest that using the HSF you get among the acquirer of a CPU. It is more than sufficient and through no means noisy, it will provided that your motherboard has mechanical fan speed control...which most do. If you like it so you can go with this I hope it will better option for you. Otherwise you can choose any other alternative if you get.

The latest central processing unit (cpu) also have better power management features which should keep them running cooler in common, but a less powerful central processing unit (CPU) like an I3 is going to be working more harder to do the similar thing that an I5 would not even wince at - i.e. like decoding HD video. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem and post your reply on the same forum it will help to someone others.

I also concerned about how big on the CPU. I go with i5 and am joyful to have done so. Since I started doing a few transcoding, I see a number of programs that task even my i5. Doing substance like going from “bdmv” to “mp4” or in .mkv using DVDFAB for blue-ray will place my central processing unit usage in the 90% range. A number of programs seem to not be written as fine like Pasture and will forever task your central processing unit. I do not see a blip in central processing unit usage what time decoding HD video to play. If you at rest have the possibility, I would option for a dual core i5 vs i3. I do not know much, but I have also read you should not go to a quad core as individual core is lesser and will not help transcoding.

I initially bought the Zalman since the stock cooler was way very noisy among the CPU I was using at the time .The Antec case of course has incomplete airflow, and so despite its brilliant sound insulation, the fan noise was extremely obvious. I observe that the thermal design power of the central processing unit I thing to use the i3-530 is 73W, or only 11W less than that of the P4. Still, I would presume that in perform the central processing unit loads would be noticeably lower among the i3-530 than with the P4. Am I on the right way? Can I guess appreciably lower temperatures among the i3-530?