Thread: VGA drivers for MSI gx740-079us ATI 5870

VGA drivers for MSI gx740-079us ATI 5870

Hello friend I have trouble regarding my computer. I am having a desktop computer having MSI mother board, Seagate hard disk, Transcends 2GB RAM. Due to the virus I had to format my computer and installed fresh copy of the windows XP. Everything is working fine except the video; my VGA driver is not installed. When I start installing it keep going but in between in get aborted automatically. I have tried everything but not succeeded if anybody faced this problem please let me know and what is the solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: VGA drivers for MSI gx740-079us ATI 5870

Hello friend I have read your problem. This is most common problem after the formatting people get the issue of the driver. There may be the many reason you are able to install the driver for your VGA or display device. Your driver CD provided with motherboard may have gone badly. If not please check that your system is detecting the device or not. For that right click on the my computer then click on the properties then select the device manager then see there for the display. If it is detecting it means there is the issue of the driver otherwise there may be the problem of the VGA device. So inform me.

Hello friend thank you very much for your suggestion. As you told I have visited the device manager from property window of my computer. There I can see the display option. But when I run driver come with the motherboard it is seem that it does not detect the my VGA device. Already I have tried workinstallaround is true. Did not work either. Anyone can tell me what should I do to get rid of this problem should I update my window or something else that can solve this problem. Is it .net issue or enlightment or should I try new updated version of the driver for that. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Hello friend I want to let you know that MSI is using the Ati Radeon for the display driver. This ATI redon drivers is coming with switchable graphics and It does not support Intel chipsets. So because of this MSI must release their own drivers for VGA. I hope they will keep up with all Ati Radeon versions. I am not getting why MSI is using custom graphics drivers for all the motherboard. MSI should release two driver versions for switching graphics: for the Intel and for the Ati redon which is easily available.

Hello friend I got your issue. You might have the problem of the driver CD. CD may be bad or your mother need updated version of the VGA driver. Try to down load from the official web site of the MSI. Since MSI is using ATI Redon VGA device. This may be the chance that it will not be there. So I will suggest you to download from the ATI web site. Download latest version available this device. This may help you. Try and if you get any issue please post on this forum.