Thread: MSI 790FX-GD70 & Corsair HYdro Series H50 cpu cooler

MSI 790FX-GD70 & Corsair HYdro Series H50 cpu cooler

At the time of installing the Hydro Corsair CPU cooler series on my MSI 790FX H50-GD70 MB had to take away the OEM backplate located on the CPU assembly. OEM plate is plastic. The new backplane provided by AMD AM3 MB Corsair is metal. Under the original plate are numerous young soldiers connections are not visible until the plastic plate is removed. The new metal plate Corsair really comes in contact with solder connections. By placing the plate in the bottom of the board, which is not flat against the table, it is slightly raised a little. Scaring the destruction of my fresh MB. I stopped the installation, fearing it could short out the motherboard / cpu, possibly even causing a fire. Does anyone encounter this? With this cooler, or perhaps during the installation of coolers from other manufacturers? IDEAS? I contacted Corsair support, but have not received a response. Be compatible AMD CPU coolers are carried out with the standerd clip that locks in the upper bracket OEM.

Re: MSI 790FX-GD70 & Corsair HYdro Series H50 cpu cooler

Corsair is where your answers are real, but the way it sounds I agree with it. Their engineers must have knowledge because they designed it metal, but what is the advantage of the metal plate on the plastic to 'screw' supports the assembly of the front, you cannot use the plastic? If you do not play even close, not touching, but ... all metal, not metal with a coating or a layer-metal contact on the side ... wow. I think you can look for reviews and other directly by model number of your refrigerator for more educated. Someone must have considered somewhere. More are the comments of customers where it is sold? I have to believe all the plates have a lot of solder points there.

I just putting my foot in your shoes and that's my thought too. The stand is painted black metal, the contact side has 3 MB of tape applied m (very fine) to keep the site during installation. I would use the plastic holder of the OEM, but it is not compatible with support for new top privateers. I looked through a number of comments and forums (including Corsair), but no one has mentioned this situation. Maybe they just installed the sink and that was it, but my thought is that the painting is acting as an insulator. That will only work for a short time, then there will be a meldown.

Since you are planning on using this cooler, do you mind telling us what the rest of your team is like? I would like to know specifically what processor to execute. Also, if you can give us some temperatures compared before and after installation of heat from the CPU, I love that. One more thing? If you could provide a picture of the inside of your case when you get it all nice and installed, it would be especially appreciated. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to burst on the scene of the cooling water, but I'd be interested to know the results.

Maybe you need to adjust the screws a little and add some plastic washers between the back plate and base plate in the rear, to avoid components damage. Maybe even cut one circle / snails (?) In the spring you can get to the back plate, even with mounting grommets. I have no fridge, but I'm sure I could of the adapted (I also intend to buy soon). I do not know about the security of the fridge though. Anyway, do not use the hammer, if they do not fit

Concerns for the metal, yes. But the painting is not going to problems quickly and cause decay of the painting or not, how close and no conductivity. Office clears, if you can install (due to their address) you should be fine. I mean, unless they are stupid and not designed for sale at Newegg because of recalls and problems is one thing. Modify your design does not sound so good either. What will you gain an inch? Then there is the question of whether metal for a reason? Will the coldest water temperature control transfer with the cooling of the back plate through connections? Metal temperatures have more time and more consistently than plastic. Not an engineer, but Corsair is a smart company. Corsair is liable for shorts, when installed for directions? Do any of the comments talk about how good it was? Must be installed without changing or mentioned the need. The things that concern us, but do you really need? These meetings are mostly low voltage. The tolerances are and how close it difficult to tack welds it to another on the board. Are you even more than the side by side welds? Think about it.

Reviewers of this cooler. Many are against the bench press what they say is the top air cooler at this time, the Thermalright Ultra 120 and the H50 Corsair has passed. Corsair says that this refrigerator was designed to be up top air cooler on the market today and so far it appears that does just that. The September issue of Maximum PC has an opinion about it. And the bench against the Thermalright Ultra 120. The Corsair went ahead. Maximum PC and gave it its kickass prize. Scoring a 9 out of 10. Remember though, is not designed to go head to head with full blow external liquid coolants. But for the price, only the rules at this time.