Thread: MSI P45 Neo-F: Computer not starting up properly

MSI P45 Neo-F: Computer not starting up properly

I have the following rig:
    Pentium Dual Core E5200
    MSI P45 Neo-F
    4 GB DDR2 RAM

The problem is that when I start comp, I will not start up (the computer came to power, and drive fans \ hard turns, but did not appear and no beeps). I have to do some reset and wait a few minutes for it to start. I get some BSODS, reset, and finally, the window has been exhausted. When I worked at the windows, I get freezes and BSODs from time to time.
    I tried:
    1. Disconnect the TV tuner and Sound Card
    2. Changed the PSU.
    3. Disconnect all other memory slots, one for each time
    4. Remove all USB peripherals
    5. Running Memtest86 - memory out fine
    6. Running Intel-fuel test - failed
    7. Remove all drives
    8. CPU-temperature is fine (about ~ 40 c)

I think the problem is the MB, because this behavior is not common for the failure of the CPU. Computer is broken at random, not when it is loaded. A person can be confirmed? What can I do? Anyone have any idea about this? If anyone gets any useful information or any trick to solve this than, please provide me. Thank you in advance!

Re: MSI P45 Neo-F: Computer not starting up properly

Here I just want to give you some suggestion which may be useful for you. Before this, first Just look board over for stuffed escaping capacitors. What is the accurate Kingston Model Number of those modules? I can’t have any complete idea about your system, but how much I know about this type of problem I suggest you to just replace your motherboard if it is under the warranty, Or if it is not than just reinstall the windows. I hope this bit of information will help you to solve our problem.

Here I have some problem with this motherboard. I was trying to install leopard on this motherboard, the rest of my team is:
    Core 2 Quad Q9550, Core 2 Quad Q9550,
    4 GB memory
    GeForce 8500GT video card
    WD 320 GB SATA

The problem I have is that I tried 6 different versions and Leo4All v3. The fact is that no version I started with four cores, I always had to type CPUs = 1-f. I looked at various places which could be caused the problem but did not get any solution. I really like a waste use only one core, and since I am beginner at this, I would like to help me fix this, if you can. Of course, thank you very much everybody.

If I attached a link to your bios, I can very easily; I have done in my MSI P45 Platinum and works perfectly. I have not seen in the web of MSI P45 Neo-f board and if the Neo or Neo3-f for the latter I have seen that there are 2 versions of the PCB plate 1.0 and 2.0, the 1.0 uses a 1MB bios (a7514ims 180) and the 2.0 uses a 4MB bios (a7512ims.250). Tell you that my Platinum uses a 4MB TB BIOS and the procedure to patch the ACPI AML is the same as yours. Although the procedure is safe responsibility for a bad flash will only yours, if in doubt do not do it better.

A few days ago bought a XFX 9800 GT, when I install the drivers on both Windows XP and Vista 32-bit x64 computer crashes and I cannot re-enter Windows, except in Safe Mode (without drivers) . And download the updated drivers from the page and the problem persists. The video card I tested with another mater (other brand) and it works correctly. I also tried installing the drivers from the mater which is a MSI P45 Neo-F and not anything!

Was indeed a problem with the motherboard bios, yesterday after posting my questions, before testing in another PC board passes the MSI website where this list this mother (msimiami.com) and you upgrade to the latest version BIOS. After that I had no problems. I hope that whoever started the post was able to fix it too. But I have read several dramas with the p45 bios, including myself, had to done for me to take the 8 GB of ram. Not like that long before I time it, but nothing. I remember these dramas in the past p35.