Thread: Unable to use USB flash with MSI 890gxm-g65 and phenom x6 1055T

Unable to use USB flash with MSI 890gxm-g65 and phenom x6 1055T

Hello. I bought a MSI motherboard 890gxm-G65 and sent me a motherboard with BIOS v1.0. This version of the BIOS is not compatible with my processor X6, and when I go to install Windows 7 I get the error Stop: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000006000) and a blue screen - windows do not install etc and I have to turn off the computer via button ignition. I've done research on this and discovered that I have to update the BIOS to support my processor. After that I download the MSI Flash program and put the BIOS on a USB stick and I have updated it using M-Flash BIOS. 1.6. Then I downloaded the latest BIOS. After that I load the MSI program Flash on my other PC and select "Set up my USB key" option. When this is completed then uses the "Bios MSI point file" option and select the file. Then I select the MSI file in Flash Bios and complete the process. Then I remove the USB stick and put it on the PC which contain the processor 1055T 890GXM. And I Press the Delete key to enter the BIOS and move to the M-Flash. Then I choose "function M-Flash to update the BIOS." Then go to the Bios load source file "LG USB drives and the BIOS file is not on the list I have tried two different USB sticks and still the same problem you cannot find the BIOS file. So I cannot upgrade to 1.6 to use my new processor. Am I doing something wrong, or is there another solution? Please help.

Re: Unable to use USB flash with MSI 890gxm-g65 and phenom x6 1055T

Hi I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. As you are saying you are facing problem with your usb stick then you need to use usb key to boot your system. And please don’t use M-flash player. After that press F11 button on your keyboard when BIOS post or logo screen is appeared. After that boot menu will appear and from that boot menu select your usb key to boot from. Then you can use your usb key for boot your system. If you still having problem with this then you can search about this on internet.

Hi thank you for your quick reply as per your instruction I did this things with my system and when I did this I get a blank screen without any error and in flashing underscore I was not able to type anything in it. It’s only showing option button to hold power and for turn off the computer. Even as per your instruction I tried this with two different usb keys but still nothing is happen. I search about this on internet but unable to find anything related with my issue. I am out of ideas now. Please help me to solve this problem any other suggestion.

Hi I am facing similar kind of problem with my system. I tried this with my usb boot processing but not able to solve this problem its showing me a black screen and nothing else. But after that in my internet search I read something about M flash and then I used that in my system according to instruction guide. And after 15 times again and again doing this same process it starts working. So try this with m flash I hope you will solve your problem. And if you get any other ideas or solution, then share with us.

I solve this problem by using M-Flash to modernize BIOS from BIOS 1.0 to BIOS 1.6, and it worked the first time. I put my BIOS to the USB stick, so when I see M-flash looking for my BIOS, I choose my USB key, and select the BIOS file. When it restart, my AMD x6 1090T acknowledged straight away. I was very amazed it worked so quickly. I guess that MSI did a good job in this case. I hope you will solve your problem with this information. Try this with your system.

According to me, please don’t uses M-Flash for your system reboot settings. We've been together too dead here when users use the M-Flash. M-Flash will not tell if you have a .doc or .MP3 file on it and you can write to the BIOS or the bios instead of providing their advice useless. If you want to know about disadvantages of M-Flash then you can find it on internet. First go through it then try this on your system. It will solve your problem but it can affect your system.