Thread: Unable to see 870A-G54 Ethernet in windows XP Service pack2.

Unable to see 870A-G54 Ethernet in windows XP Service pack2.

LAN has enabled in the BIOS, disabled floppy controller in the BIOS but when booting Windows XP Service Pack 2, I see no exclamation points in the driver floppy disk controller is not installed, two exclamation points in PCI bridge a bridge and the network adapter is not able to find. This is a newly installed system. Drivers installed from the drivers file, and utilities for Ethernet, but was warned that the Ethernet card could not be found, and could be "sleep." Can anyone please help me to solve this problem? I am out of ideas now. Please help me.

Re: Unable to see 870A-G54 Ethernet in windows XP Service pack2.

you have to change both the wireless card, but to install the drivers when the system goes in safe mode. An inadequate power supply can also cause cessation devices. Please say what power can do in the important 12 volt line. You will find a list of technical specifications on the side of the power supply. On the disc, the old I know there are three places in the BIOS where to turn: floppy disk, BIOS first page, Boot Order, and Floppy Seek (usually in Integrated Peripherals).

Thanks for your quick response. The hand I would say the power supply is relatively new as it has a 6-pin ATX cable to the CPU instead of the old 4-pin ATX. Is the early G series model but not sure why it was not able to find 480W on their website (you take a look at the specifications of the night PSU). As for the record, yes I have disabled Floppy, Boot Order (HDD), Floppy Seek (thought must be on the front page and once a disabled floppy, floppy seek should not look too). I have read in other forums where someone met the same problem as me (but the board is different), and updated the drivers to PCI Bridge Ethernet card and it worked. But in my case, it is not.

Hi even I am facing t his similar kind of problem. I tried clearing my CMOS and load optimizes defaults. But it was not helpful for me. It doesn't work for my system.
    this is my PSU specification

+3.3V - 27A
    +5V - 26A
    Combined 130W

+12V1- 15A
    +12V2- 16A
    Combined 312W

-12V - 0.5A 6W
    +5VSB- 2A 10W

Peak power 480W

I made so many change s with it but still I am not able to find solution on it. Please help me all replies are appreciated.

Hi I tried some initial results obtained after carrying the motherboard along with my system back to the store. Windows 7 – Ethernet Network card appears normal, Windows XP Service Pack 3 installation – Ethernet Network card appears normal, Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Service Pack Update – Ethernet Network card does not appear in the installation and update. what is the possible reason for such kind of behavior? He was informed by the store that the installation of SP3 and the upgrade to Service Pack 3 is not the same, is it true?

Hi all, thanks you for your grateful help, I could have corrected the problem. Now everything works fine after replacing the SATA cable to another SATA cable. After many trips up and down to the store thinking it was defective board, hard drive failure and almost bought Windows 7 only to run after changing the SATA cable! The all your information is helpful for me. And all this information is helpful to improve my knowledge about this kind of problem Once again, thank you all!