Thread: How to share more video RAM in MSI VR630

How to share more video RAM in MSI VR630

I bought this laptop a week ago and saw my video card is integrated 9100M G with 256MB VRAM, used by the RAM (which is 3 GB, but with 256 MB shared is 2.75 GB.) My question is how to share more video RAM? I want to use my 512 MB video card. Anyone else ever face this type of problem? If anyone find any solution or any way out information for his than please just let me know. Because I really not get how can I solve this issue. So please provide me some help.

Re: How to share more video RAM in MSI VR630

Here I just want to give you few tips about your problem or I can say some useful information, which may be helpful for you. Go into the BIOS. If there is no option to do so in the BIOS, you can't. And why do you want to increase GPU memory? Have you got any other modifications for VR630? GeForce 9100M G is low-end integrated card and there wouldn’t be any performance benefit between 256 or 512mb memory.

I saw on some other site improved its game significantly. Since I as well have a VR630 (9100M G) I am very interested but I have a few questions:
    1. Does the increased speed due to this update of the BIOS, or are other values more important?
    2. Where I can find the BIOS settings or necessary?
    3. I think the number of 256 is OK; it's also just a faster version?
    4. What to do with my battery time?

Here I want to ask you something related to this topic. Soon I will have my first laptop (a gift from my friend). I want to do well and therefore turn to you to see above all, what I find difficult or do I have to choose the installation process to do it properly. Also know if I should get off the ISO image to 64bits. The main features of the laptop are: Notebook MSI VR630. I appreciate the recommendations can be made.

I have read several comments that ultimately end up installing the 32 bit since experienced problems with 64-bits. I do not know how the situation is regarding this issue. The usual recommendation: try the LiveCD first, and check if everything works OK. Partitioned so as not uninstall the version of MS Windows was shipped, manufacturers often do when they ask for warranty purposes you come to MS Windows and you click here, there, etc. If you say you've deleted them no longer want to help. Therefore leave your computer with dual boot. Remember to make a separate partition for / home. From what I have seen the Nvidia video cards have better support than ATI.

With 64-Bit I do not see why you might have problems with something else, rather than the wireless card. If your card is possible that does work, as there is a driver "native" to those cards. However, if you can only have support for this card using NDISwrapper, I fear it is highly likely that you do not work, because NDISwrapper support for 64 bits. I think it just is not very good; because you need drivers for Windows XP 64-bit, an unknown for a long time and rare which has almost no drivers and when it does, then do not work Anyway. While watching your specifications, do not even know if it brings wireless card. Other things that formerly gave were canned in 64-bit Java and Flash, but did not give more, and even run Java natively on both 64-bit JVM as the Plug-in.

The mixture of Film color printing technology with a design evocative of ocean waves together with a weight of only 2.5 kg (counting battery), VR630 laptop is more transportable than other notebooks of 16 " market. As well, with its self-sufficient numeric keypad to the right of the keyboard, users will not require extra training. The VR630 has a Multi-DVD, Card Reader 3-in-1, and 3 fine distributed USB 2.0 ports, facilitating connection with a variety of types of peripherals. And with the wireless 802.11 b / g / n, the VR630 laptop connects to the Internet wirelessly anytime you want.

i have also a problem with my laptop acer aspire one d255e n455 i see in the bios only 8mb and i cant add more in video memory pls help me on how to make higher than 8 mb