Thread: Asus M4A87TD EVO Cross firing the two 16x PCI-e Slots

Asus M4A87TD EVO Cross firing the two 16x PCI-e Slots

I am new to this community and something of a novice when it comes to the construction and maintenance of my computer specifically when it comes to the idea of cross firing. I recently assembled my first computer and I am more than happy with his performance. By purchasing the Asus EVO M4A87TD however, I expected that as the requirements for the most graphically intense games more, I want to be able to use the capacity of my Crossfire motherboard to avoid replacing my current GPU and instead of be able to effectively double the capacity of the PC graphics by adding a second card. The concern I have is that most of the forums that contain information on my motherboard Cross firing mention only firepower 16x crusader (blue) to 4x (Gray) PCI-e slots. My question then is: Would it be probable to Crossfire two ASUS EAH5770 using the two 16x (Blue) PCI-e slots on this exacting motherboard and if so, what kind of performance improvement should I expect?

Re: Asus M4A87TD EVO Cross firing the two 16x PCI-e Slots

First thing is that, you will never double the graphics presentation. Depending on the settings and game, the most excellent you can expect for is maybe a 50% development. Now, I will refer you to your board and consumers manual to confirm a pair things:
    Your board has:
    • 2 x Peripheral Component Interconnect Express 2.0 x16 slots ( blue runs at x16 mode, black at x4 mode)
    • 1 x Peripheral Component Interconnect Express 2.0 x1 (dark blue)
    • 3 x Peripheral Component Interconnect (beam blue).

You will almost certainly find the frames per second increase are more like 20-30%. a number of recent games are fine optimized for double cards, but a lot of games are not. There is also the frame rate will fluctuate between high and low much more than would a single card, which can lead to stuttering. What CPU do you have? Adding an additional graphics card will enlarge the system hotness and power necessities, so make sure the case is well ventilated and the Public Sector Undertakings is strong enough.

Thank you and appreciate to all of you. I have kept specification misinterpretation to say where two x16. What makes it even more confusing is that there's an error in the manual that labels both x16. But now that the way ... what situation cross fires worth it if it is difficult to see an improvement in performance from single card and two cards? If any suggestion you have for me so please post on the same forum it would be better for me.

Add a second card, you will see a small increase in frame rate, but you can notice what is known as micro-stuttering. This is where the 2 cards are not synchronized properly, causing delays. It is most noticeable in the games frame rate drop below your monitor refresh rate (60fps/60Hz). Above 60 fps is not so bad. As someone said, it is better to go to a single faster card smoother performance. I hope this information will help you.