Thread: CPU temperature sores in i7 2600K processor

CPU temperature sores in i7 2600K processor

I am using an i7 2600K processor on the P8P67pro with w/stock CPU cooler. There are no over locks or any tweaks in the processor. The performance settings are in simple BIOS. The GPU that is being used is Asus GTX580.Also I have a compact Silverstone HTPC cabinet. Also present are two cabinet fans. Now the problem is that while running some high profile games like FarCry2 and BFBC2 and by keeping all maximum settings and also starting with the real temperature the temperature suddenly sores. So can anyone give me a reason why such thing takes place? Please do reply to me.

Re: CPU temperature sores in i7 2600K processor

What are your idle temperatures? If the idle temperatures are in the range of 35-40 degrees for both CPU and GPU then I would say that your idle temperatures are not that high. So do have case ventilation? And what are your ambient temperatures. Please answer these questions first so that then we can move forward. Right now what I can tell you is that if anything doesn’t work for you then you should go for the cooler master hyper 212+. It will definitely be handy for you.

Thank you for your reply. The ambient temperatures are stable at around 20-21 degrees. Also the case ventilation could be two 80mm extract. It could be above the interface back panel. Also there is a Silverstone SST-LC17B HTPC cabinet which is very much crumbled. To go along with this I do not have space for the optional intake fans for this cabinet. But as you have suggested that I would like to have another cooler thought I am not going to do any over locking. But actually the problem is that with this cabinet I have a restriction in CPU cooler height. So I just need to check it that before I go for a new one.

There is one more solution to this. What I did is I built a P8P67 pro another friend with a Zelman 9900 Max cooler in it. And then what I found it to be idle in bios at very sound temperature of 30 degree and 17 degree for ambient. Even I built for myself and that was the one with 2600k which was having same CPU and the P8p67 deluxe along with a stock cooler .And now you can see the difference .the idle temperatures were between 50-55 degrees in bios. The real time said it to be up to 35 degrees in Windows and the temperature was around seventies. So for me you should clearly opt for a master hyper 212+.

Recently I had built a new rig using the ASUS P8P67 Deluxe mobo and the 2600K.I used the DD Torture Rack in it. I used the Intel stock heat sink to verify that everything works. I also used it to install Windows 7 and drives. Once I did that and then I was taken aback looking after looking at the temperatures in the BIOS. It was around 70 degrees. Then immediately I got the master hyper 212+.And then the temperatures just came down. I also think that you should go for master hyper 212+as it help a lot.