Thread: Intel D945GCL motherboard bios update

Intel D945GCL motherboard bios update

I have an Intel D945GCL motherboard in my computer in which I am working on windows 7. The difficulty is that I am not able to look to flash the bios. I require some assist on upgrading my Intel D945GCL motherboard bios. I do not know too much about this topic. Can anybody tell me that how to update the latest BIOS on Intel D945GCL motherboard? Any kind of information or idea would be respected.

Re: Intel D945GCL motherboard bios update

If a BIOS update of an Intel motherboard is unavoidable, first the BIOS of the motherboard can be determined. This is done with the Intel motherboards as follows. The BIOS version is hidden in Intel motherboards in a long string. Here is an example of a BIOS l id with version number. (Source: Intel). Go during the boot process by pressing F2 in the BIOS Setup using. Look in the main menu .The third section of the BIOS version (a four-digit number), the current BIOS version. Press the Esc key to exit the BIOS setup.

BIOS of Intel to date to bring Boards, there are a total of up to six different methods. However, this number depends on the configuration of the respective computer. Are the primary drive of the computer equipment and the size of the BIOS update file is crucial. In the matrix you will find the correct upgrade procedure for your Intel motherboard.Before you begin although with the BIOS update, be sure to read the update instructions and follow them precisely. Information on all new BIOS fixes, see the release notes on the BIOS download page in Download Center from Intel. The tip applies to all current motherboards from Intel. Intel provides a detailed list on its website available.

Probably, if you utilize a PCI ATAPI controller likes those obtainable from Promise or Highpoints. The number of public that attempt as well as utilize Intel Update plus end up with a dead motherboard. You require an Intel motherboard in your system. Let’s state that you purchased the most up-to-date CPU and attempt to place it with your older motherboard, however that motherboard wanted a BIOS flash before it would observe that fresh CPU, after that it will not, unless you perform the recovery with an older CPU that the maintain your BIOS.

From my opinion you require to open the fix homepage in addition to observe it they have an updated bios for your Intel D945GCL motherboard. Confirm you note your bios edition numbers, you be able to observe these while you boot up you system. If you are insecure which to pick provide us your Bios-ID containing the Bios OEM message. If they have updated bios, you have to download it, copy it to floppy in addition to after that perform a cold boot to that floppy, the rest is quite self explanatory.

Usually in the current plates can update the BIOS from Windows itself, making even some brands directly from the Internet, but more often (especially on plates with a few years) is there to do our team starting in DOS mode from a boot floppy or CD and running a BIOS update program, usually called AWDFLASH.EXE, although each manufacturer has its own agenda and you can rename this. This program usually have the CD of our board (I never tire of repeating the importance of both the CD to retain any documentation that we come to our board or with our computer), but is usually available at the manufacturer's website for the motherboard, usually with the update files from the BIOS. To avoid possible problems, we always use the updater provided by the manufacturer of the motherboard.

The first thing is to make sure that we need to update the BIOS. Many people upgrade the BIOS to try to solve problems that have nothing to do with it, but with the operating system or drivers, for example, and since it's something a little risky, it sure is necessary. We saw what kind of things we can solve: lack of support from a microprocessor, hardware incompatibilities with some specific, hard starting ... and some issues of instability of the equipment (the "crash" the system), but keep in mind that most of the dreaded Windows blue screen has nothing to do with the BIOS. Just in case, check everything and make sure you have installed the latest drivers (video, chipset ...).