Thread: Don't buy Sandy Bridge before you read this

Don't buy Sandy Bridge before you read this

Hello friends I am posting this thread on this forum just to inform you all that whoever is looking to get the Sandy Bridge should drop the idea of it as it has come to my notice that there is a some kind of glitch on all the Sandy Bridge motherboards that have been released in this month or so. There are perfect evidence found that there is some kind of problem in the SATA controller of the chip and the company has warn not to buy the Sand Bridge motherboard until the problem is cured and there are new fresh piece of the motherboard in the market. So I request you all that not to go for this kind of motherboard until the glitch inside the motherboard is cleared out.

Re: Don't buy Sandy Bridge before you read this

Hey even I have heard about the same from a friend of mine who has just brought this Sandy Bridge replaced with the previous motherboard that he was having on his system. After having successfully installed the same on his system, he got to know from the company that there is some kind of problem in the SATA controller of the motherboard and due to it there could be a possibility that it could damage the entire system and so it was informed to him by the company that not to use the same and that they will look to get it replace from the manufacturer as soon as the problem gets secured.

What I have come to know is that there were problem in the latest motherboard that had been manufactured by the company but it is not sure that whether all of the Sandy Bridge motherboard are having the problem. I have even got this motherboard replaced on my system just few weeks ago and after having read this thread I instantly called up the retailer from where I had brought this motherboard. But he informed me that the motherboard which I have got is tested carefully before being sold and that there are no problems at all in the motherboard that I have.

Guys I would want to know that which are all the Sandy Bridge motherboards that are having all these kind of problem in it, that is I would want to know that which motherboard that have been manufactured during which period of time are having the glitch inside it. I have been modified my system to include the Sandy Bridge motherboard six month back and that is why I would want to know that the motherboard that are manufactured six or more months ago are having the defects or not. Till the usage of the motherboard I didn’t find any such problem at all but I would want to secure as possible and would want to avoid any future problems.

Hey I have searched for the information about the date of the motherboard that is having some kind of problem with the SATA controller chip and I have come to know that the boards that are manufactured just months ago are having some kind of glitch, the exact date of the motherboard having the problem is unknown. So what I think that to be on the safer side you should once test the motherboard by giving to a some kind of a engineer who might be knowing the exact details and who will find out of the problems if there are any on the motherboard.

Well friends I have got the same Sandy Bridge motherboard installed on CPU just weeks ago and after that I had instead and was using the system, I could feel some kind of insecurity with the system that I was using. There were two or three occasion where I my system restarted without any kind of notification as such but I ignored the same as I thought that it could be due to the virus inside the system and so I would just give the system scan to it, but later on I got that there were no virus detected as such, so after reading this thread I have come to know that there were problems in the motherboard itself and so now I have called by the retailer to get this thing replaced, so thank you very much for the information.

Intel has blocked the delivery of the chipset and has begun producing a new revision of the defect-free. The clock speed of SATA II is managed by the PLL (Phase-Locked Loop) and just a transistor circuit that is causing the problem. At the gate voltage reaches too high, causing a leakage current that can cause malfunctions, performance degradation and failure of the doors. The Intel P67 and H67 integrated four-port SATA II 3 Gbps ports and two SATA 6 Gbps. The bug is present only in SATA II controller, necessarily requires the replacement of motherboards. So I think that this would just take a few months before we will get the new and fresh motherboards.