Thread: What can be the ideal combination for a gaming cpu?

What can be the ideal combination for a gaming cpu?

I have come here to clear out some sorts of confusions that I have in my mind regarding the ideal combination for my cpu. To start with I have a LGA775 ASUS P5G41-m LE w/E2160 dual core processor and also a 2 Gb ddr2 ram. So I was thinking whether this would be an ideal combination for my gaming cpu? If it is not then should I try with the different combination i.e should I go with the E6700 processors of the intel or should I go with the 2*2 Gb’s of ram or should I think of adding another gpu card. As you can see that I am pretty confused about the ideal combination to go with. So suggest me some methods by which I can decide on my gaming cpu.

Re: What can be the ideal combination for a gaming cpu?

According to me the configuration that you have suggested here appear to be quite weak for me. so for that I would advice you to have another look at the processor. Is the dual processor necessary for you? Why don’t you try with the intel quad core processor. It is the best gaming processor and especially the quad core processors that have come are the best bet for any gaming cpu. So according to me you must have a look at the intel processors. The ram specifications is quite good and if you do not have a good video card then it is always better to be backed up by the a good gpu that will really help you in the long run. So do follow my suggestion it will be better for you.

Hey thanks for your quick response. Your information was quite useful for me. If you think intel quad core is a much better processor than the dual core then can you suggest me some good processors with the price for it. So that I can get a exact idea about the processor that I will have to purchase. I will be really grateful if you can suggest me some more options. For the better side I am thinking that I must upgrade the ram of my system. well I respect your opinion but for the safeside I am thinking to upgrade it but do not for get to tell me about the processors. I am waiting for them.

Yes, I can surely help you with that if you are talking about the intel then you cannot compromise on the price you will find a lot of price difference between the other processors and the intel. The intel Quad-Core 45nm Processor BX80580Q9505 is available at a price range of $229. The Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor - 2.83GHz is also a powerful processor with retail socket 775 and will be available for you at a price range f $263.99. one more processor that i would like to suggest here is the Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9550 2.83GHz 1333MHz. available at $266. Also do not forget to install the dedicated fans in the system that will be of huge need for you.

According to me right now you must think of upgrading the gpu. Yes no doubt the processor counts a lot in the performance but what about the graphics. If the graphics quality is bad then there is no use of the processor speed. So first make sure that you have a good and a dedicated graphics card upon that you must ensure that the gpu is functioning well. Let me give you a list of good gpu’s and they are GTS 450, HD 5750, HD 5770. If you are thinking of getting a new gpu then do consider this option that I have given you here.

I want to add something here. If you are thinking of changing the processor and also the gpu then make sure that you do not create the bottleneck situation. Do consider that you have a enough memory and also the decision of yours of upgrading the ram is quite correct and I would not mind if you upgrade your RAM to the 2*2GB RAM. since if you do not upgrade your ram then you will be creating a bottle neck situation where the cpu and the gpu will be just increasing the performance but it will be not so beneficial for you. Since the passage for the flow of data will be less. So do upgrade your ram as early as possible and as per as the processor and the ram is concerned the above suggestion are quite correct and I would advise you to follow the suggestions that are give above.

Hey wow that’s great I really got a big source of information here. I must admit that your information was very useful for me. I read one by one and I will be having a close look at all the suggestions that you have given here. Soon I will be calling my technician and asking him to upgrade my system. I have to build my gaming cpu as soon as possible. So I will be ensuring that the gaming rid is quite perfect for me. anyways I would like to applaud for the efforts that you have put in for this particular topic. Really it was something great.