Thread: Unlocking AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition Quad Core

Unlocking AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition Quad Core

I was thinking if anybody had investigated information that has been moving around and digging the net for the past months and a half or so concerning using a related BIOS and board exploit as the Phenom X3 for the X2 Black Edition ? Allegedly, the X2 7750 Black edition is unlockable from 2, to 4 functioning cores by choosing the right motherboard (ASRock), the right, old BIOS edition that has weakness in its code permitting the utilize, and by toggling ACC.

Re: Unlocking AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition Quad Core

Supposedly, someone in Korea using Windows XP Service Pack 3 was able to effectively unlock the other two cores, and posted screenshots on a official forum of AMD across the net as confirmation. I've lately begun examining the matter carefully, and was thinking if anybody else had heard of this, and attempted to unlock the other two cores on a X2 7750 Black Edition ? I confess it is achievable that this is a joke, but I don't believe that my beginning searches' (all of 30 minutes worth) lack of in-depth guides reporting accomplishment, or in-depth guides explaining what must be done in what order as has been done with the X3 Phenoms signify that it isn't achievable.

I also figure that, true exploit or not, people aren't rushing out to drop a couple hundred dollars on a processor and board that may or may not be unlockable to be more than its initial specs believe. How much folks are actually going to drop $200 on a new CPU, Board, and RAM just to test whether a story is true or not? So, I ask the group of people, hoping that somebody may have exposed more information on the subject, or have tested this for themselves and might contribute to their results, before I purchase a CPU and Board to see for myself.

I cannot say about that particular CPU, but in common a few dual cores and some triple cores can be unlocked by some motherboard , though AMD has "strongly recommended" to motherboard manufacturers that they take effective measures to make this more tedious From my understanding, it's a crapshhot whether a particular unit is unlockable...a few dual cores or triples might be quads which came off the line with 1 or 2 bad coresI recently purchased a 720 and the motherboard is competent of unlocking it, but..if it does unlock, i'll just think the 4th core to be a bonus. If not, eh...i'm still good to go. please state back if you are or are not successful.